theres a song i want to learn thats in b. i never went anything below drop C. i got a fairly cheap guitar and i dunno if it could handle it. should i go for it anyway? i tried it on my acoustic and broke 2 strings
How the hell did you manage to break two strings, tuning down?
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
uh if your tuning to B dont go all the way back up to E after go half steps and try to get the tension not to tight.. you can go for it if you want.. the notes for drop B btw are B,G#,B,E,F#,G#..i think hahha its just drop c down a half step
ahah he probably tuned up to B
turn the pegs clock wise
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Your guitar should be able to handle it, but yor strings wont, unless there 12's. You might get away with using 11's but i've never tried it so I would'nt know haha
drop b is a loooong way down. you strings will hang about as tight as prostitute who's thinking about retirement... then they'll almost inevitably snap when yuo retune them.
if you have some extra thick strings which are designed to be detuned you might be ok so long as you don't take them back up.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by salbarbz20
uh if your tuning to B dont go all the way back up to E after go half steps and try to get the tension not to tight.. you can go for it if you want.. the notes for drop B btw are B,G#,B,E,F#,G#..i think hahha its just drop c down a half step

yeah, i think that was my prob. btw, the tab says BEADF#B. what is that compared to drop c if u know what i mean
wow thats why we don't play slipknot its bad fer the geetar. Not sayin you were but still standard tuning is the best!!!
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by bfredder92
wow thats why we don't play slipknot its bad fer the geetar. Not sayin you were but still standard tuning is the best!!!

Wut.
Yes, Slipknot are crap.
But tuning down is not bad for your guitar. You just need thicker strings.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by atr5557
yeah, i think that was my prob. btw, the tab says BEADF#B. what is that compared to drop c if u know what i mean

Its the lowest string of Drop D down a semitone, and the other 5 strings down a minor third. It's easier to just think of it as Standard down a fourth.
Quote by doive
drop b is a loooong way down. you strings will hang about as tight as prostitute who's thinking about retirement... then they'll almost inevitably snap when yuo retune them.
if you have some extra thick strings which are designed to be detuned you might be ok so long as you don't take them back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinsk8r91
practice young padawan and your fingers strong they will one day be, HMMMmmm.

this
Dont Bump Old Threads!!
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.