Hey, Im trying to find a new guitar that really satisfies all of my needs. Do you have any suggestions for guitars that have:
A thin neck
Light weight
Blue or red
Smooth neck
Good standard pickups

I will be playing metal, hard rock. Like Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Ratt, Skid Row, and many others.

Please include a link if you can!

Maybe you could give me a few choices or if your not sure than just a general direction. Thanks.
Last edited by NEX44 at Mar 8, 2009,
well ... music tastes aside (cant remember if you said them)

a Fender Stratocaster 50s. nice neck, lightweight, blue and red colours and the pickups are amazing from cleans to death metal (seriously)
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Thin Necks and Light Bodies are usually associated with Jackson, Ibanez and Schecter. I'd recommend the Jackson RR Series, they feel really nice.
Interesting, Van Halen original guitar and the lead player in Ratt's were Charvels, Iron Maiden uses Strats and Metallic is ESP I think! Most are bolt-on necks some with SC and some with HB PUs.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Interesting, Van Halen original guitar and the lead player in Ratt's were Charvels, Iron Maiden uses Strats and Metallic is ESP I think! Most are bolt-on necks some with SC and some with HB PUs.

Maiden uses HSS strats as does Kirk hammett(tho for the most part he plays his ESPs).
Sorry i have no idea what u maen by this:
"Metallic is ESP I think! Most are bolt-on necks some with SC and some with HB PUs"
Besides the bolt on necks.
Quote by NEX44
Sorry i have no idea what u maen by this:
"Metallic is ESP I think! Most are bolt-on necks some with SC and some with HB PUs"
Besides the bolt on necks.

He means that Metallica uses ESP guitars. Most of the guitars he named have bolt-on necks and some have single coil and some have humbucker pickups.
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
Thin Necks and Light Bodies are usually associated with Jackson, Ibanez and Schecter. I'd recommend the Jackson RR Series, they feel really nice.

+1x10^(99)

jacksons are amzing, i love mine, but tbh spend the money on the amps the same as your guitar,

ther's nothing worse thanm playing a kick ass jackson thru an mg,
not that its that bad, but the guitar has so much more to give...