bump

you owe me
███████████████████████████████████
They are good, some people say they dont have the gain to do metal, but I think they have more than enough gain.
They are damn good amps. Great clean and crunch, decent gain for everything but the most br00tal metal.

I would get one if I had the money.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Nice guitar also TS. Any chance you might sell it?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I really enjoyed playing the Alchemist. Very full tone, plenty of gain... I'll go as far as to say, if you think it doesn't have enough gain you need to play cleaner because you'd have to be super sloppy to think otherwise.

The clean channel was nice and sparkly to warm and jazzy. If you dial the amp to a blues gain, you will be more than satisified. High gain is great. Similar gain characteristics to a 5150, Rivera, Mark IV, Diezel. Not very chunky, but very smooth and searing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Definatley on my to buy list.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I tried one out the other day, very very nice
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I've played a few at Guitar Center.

My initial response was that I liked it, but playing it more and more, I found it to be very compressed and muffled sounding. It's not as open as I'd like, but that may have been due to the construction of the chassis (I played the combo version)

The built in effects are okay, but I'd still prefer stand alone effects from pedals.

It doesn't quite have enough gain to get a huge chugga chugga metal tone, but a simple boost would easily help it achieve it.

The cleans were okay, they weren't as trebly and sparkly like a Fender, but more mellowish.

I found the Alchemist was really focused on the mid-ranged.

Overall, a decent amp, but I'd honestly go for something different for the price.

I would really suggest that you try it out before you get one... it might not be what you are looking for. I've heard of many people ordering them and hating them and getting rid of it after the first day.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Mar 8, 2009,