Ok, so i've been looking at buying some new pedals, and i'm wondering what the main differences are between these effects are - in review videos i've seen online they all seem rather similar....can anyone help me out?
Go on Musicians Friend's website. They generally have pretty good samples of what the pedals sound like. I'm not sure how to explain the difference, though. It's something you just have to hear for yourself, if you ask me.
Chorus- kind of spacey or crystal like sounding if you can understand that. Or it can sound wavy if you turn rate up.

Phaser- it sounds kind of like when you go ahhh and open and close mouth (not like a wah open and close mouth though). my opinion kind of weird.

Flanger- Sound kind of like a phaser but more like a jet plane taking off
I would get a Phaser and a Flanger. With a flanger you can get a chorus effect too.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Chorus is basically supposed to sound like a bunch of guitars playing slightly off time and slightly out of tune with you, making it sound fat and full
Phaser makes almost a jet-engine sound
Flanger sounds "wet" and is a more moderate phaser sound.
Flange and Phase are the same thing really.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Their definitely different, flange is the craziest, phase is usally similar to what a wah sounds like, and chorus is my favorite just makes it sound nice and full
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Nightraven's post pretty much /threaded the thread.

And John Lennon came up with flanging, he copped the term 'flanging' because of the flanges on the tape reels.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Nice post, NR. You pretty much stole the words from my mouth.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
just go to youtube and look them up. there are tons of videos of people playing pedals.
Or Google the differences for yourself. That's what some people do here, then they post them so they can look smart.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION