Okay, my friend gave me her iPod so that she could have my music because she wanted to have a complete revamp etc, she used a Mac and I have a PC so we knew it would have to be re-formated.
I plugged the iPod in to my laptop and opened itunes and it said the iPod will need to be reformatted etc, so I clicked on yes and it was done, then the ipod appeared where they normally do when you open up itunes andone is connected, but when you click on it, it has no options apart from 'restore factory settings'. When I click on this a window pops up and says 'iTunes could not connect to the apple servor because you are not connected to the internet', but I blatently am otherwise I wouldnt be posting here!

Has anyone had similar problems and/or know how to fix it?
you cant convert music like that unless you save it as a file anyways. you cant directly steal it as a music file
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
^wha? I thought it was possible for me to put my iTunes music on to her iPod?
oh nvm i thought u were doing the opposite yes u can do that
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Okay thats good, I got abit worried then, so noone else knows how I can get around this 'Not connected to the internet' bollocks?
maybe you have a firewall that's blocking itunes?
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Well thats what im thinking, because it certainly seems like something wrong with my laptop rather than the iPod or iTunes, but iv updated iTunes via iTunes itself before, and that connected and downloaded fine.

Im pretty much a noob at computers, where would I be able to look at the firewall settings etc? Just under internet properties aye?