Ok, so I want a good tube amp, right now i have about 150 saved up, soon i'm going to sell my 30 watt line 6 spider 3 for $300, and hope to get some money from my up coming birthday. I was thinking of saving up to around $700, and i have been looking around craigslist, ebay, and guitar center website for amps in this price range, but its mostly been fruitless.

- truthfully i don't really know what i'm looking for, i looked on the what amp thread but i didn't really know what amps to look up

-I found a 2 year old jcm 2000 TSL 122 combo for 700 on ebay idk if this is any good
- how much are jcm 800 combos, how good are they,...

- i play 50% of the time RHCP clean sound, 20% big muff distortion, 20% hendrix sound, and 10% metalish sound
- the amp would need a good clean, and a good distortion (don't need really heavy distortion), pretty much a good versatile amp

I don't mind a much of going used, i'd prefer new, but a nice used one is good too.

any suggestions for amps? please explain the amp (price, sound,...)
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Last edited by Clutch32192 at Mar 8, 2009,
Try out a Peavey Classic 30, and see if you like it. It can do those styles well. I have one. But I am selling it soon to fund a new guitar purchase.
Lol... stop looking to buy tube amps if you don't even know how they work, sound, how to use them properly, how to care for them... and last but not least....

You haven't even tried them.

It would be a waste of money. You're not going to buy it at this juncture.

And a 30W Spider III won't sell for more than 150 used.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

Quote by headbangerbuggy
Lol... stop looking to buy tube amps if you don't even know how they work, sound, how to use them properly, how to care for them... and last but not least....

You haven't even tried them.

It would be a waste of money. You're not going to buy it at this juncture.

And a 30W Spider III won't sell for more than 150 used.

I have played tubes before my brother had a Marshall avt (which ain't much of a tube), and my cousin had a behringer stack he let me play for a little while, soon i'm going to guitar center and i'm going to try some out, thats why i was asking for some suggestions.

dude, 2 guys at my school were about to buy it & the pedal for 300, but one flipped his truck so he can't anymore, and the other got a truck, so he has to pay it off.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...

Quote by AJS19
Try out a Peavey Classic 30, and see if you like it. It can do those styles well. I have one. But I am selling it soon to fund a new guitar purchase.

agreed.
███████████████████████████████████
Look for:

Used Mesa F series
Peavey Classic series
Some Traynors
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
Look for:

Used Mesa F series
Peavey Classic series
Some Traynors

Too modern/american voiced for his needs

I have one and love mine but i do think that a classic 30 would be awesome for him.
sweet, so peavey classic 30

what model of traynor?

Aren't the fender hot rods like really clean?
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...