Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now your making me gas for one!Happy NAD
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Fsck... The GAS kicked in. Hard!
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Happy New Amp Day! It's a great amp. Now you just need to get rid of the Mesa cab and get the Orange PPC412 to match.
Thanks guys!

Quote by AJS19
Happy New Amp Day! It's a great amp. Now you just need to get rid of the Mesa cab and get the Orange PPC412 to match.

Hahah, yes that is a possibility although I do like the halloweenish look of the black and orange. Also I hear Orange 4x12s are heavy as hell!
Wish I had!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i cant believe you traded an SE for that....john suhr would be sad...
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by electrik

Hahah, yes that is a possibility although I do like the halloweenish look of the black and orange. Also I hear Orange 4x12s are heavy as hell!

They come in black instead of Orange ya know. Yeah they are heavy, but they would blow that Mesa out of the water IMO. I've tried the RV50 through a PPC412, a Mesa like you have, and a Marshall Lead Series 4x12. Orange was the winner.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
i cant believe you traded an SE for that....john suhr would be sad...

I honestly did not love the tone of that amp so much to justify keeping it... it had nice cleans but the drive wasn't really anything special for my usage. I'm not really a high gain player anymore and the organic tone of the Orange is perfect for me.
Nice!!!! that was some very tasteful/toneful playing. I enjoyed the clip!

Looks + Sounds great, congrats!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Congrats on the new gear!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
you're an amazing player
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
i'm guessing prices are a lot different your side of the pond? here the od100 is about twice the price of the orange (if not more)... i know you said you got some cash too, though. and if it suits your playing more, i guess it's worth it.

nice score

really nice clip too, is that your strat? i haven't seen your gear for ages, but i think i remember you picked up a strat a while back?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Could have easily been on the Orange thread - but I guess you always do want to show your new toys off to as many people as possible - so fair nuffski.

A Custom Audio for an Orange eh? Interesting...

So how would you compare them - surely it must sound better to at least yourself...?

EDIT: Good quality clip for a change!

Nice to know you have a lot of gain there if you need it (plus you could also boost).
That's why I got rid of my Engl - the crunch didn't do it while the high gain was very nice - my Orange nails classic rock, blues and that highish gain blues I love!
Last edited by davedoom at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm guessing prices are a lot different your side of the pond? here the od100 is about twice the price of the orange (if not more)... i know you said you got some cash too, though. and if it suits your playing more, i guess it's worth it.

nice score

really nice clip too, is that your strat? i haven't seen your gear for ages, but i think i remember you picked up a strat a while back?

Yeah the amount of cash I got was pretty fair for the used values of the two amps around here, so I didn't really lose out on too much. Thanks, it is indeed my Strat which sounds really nice with this amp.

Quote by tr3nt
you're an amazing player

wow what a great compliment! thank you so much
Quote by davedoom
Could have easily been on the Orange thread - but I guess you always do want to show your new toys off to as many people as possible - so fair nuffski.

A Custom Audio for an Orange eh? Interesting...

So how would you compare them - surely it must sound better to at least yourself...?

EDIT: Good quality clip for a change!

Nice to know you have a lot of gain there if you need it (plus you could also boost).
That's why I got rid of my Engl - the crunch didn't do it while the high gain was very nice - my Orange nails classic rock, blues and that highish gain blues I love!

Well I'd say the CAA had deeper cleans and all around one of the nicest clean channels of any channel switcher. The Orange cleans aren't bad though and with the onboard reverb (which is great) it sounds very nice. On the dirty side, I prefer the Orange. Though the OD100 did have very nice tones, I often found myself fighting with settings and there was something about it that was kind of cardboardy sounding. The Orange is just thick and musical throughout the spectrum and its hard to find any complaints for any tone.
Enjoy the rockerverb man! There hasn't been a day since I got mine that I haven't loved everything about it.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by electrik
Yeah the amount of cash I got was pretty fair for the used values of the two amps around here, so I didn't really lose out on too much. Thanks, it is indeed my Strat which sounds really nice with this amp.

yeah, when i tried it, i really liked it, but it was quite dark with 'buckers- i imagine a strat would suit it. which strat did you have again?

i figured you'd get a good deal, you always get good deals, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Want
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.