Okay, so I watched Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, and they were talking about an Octobass, which needed two people to play, and the pieces it were used in were described as having "Lots of Bass". Does anyone know any pieces of music with this Octobass, where you can hear "all this bass"?
Ive never ever heard of it. I gotta google this thing lol

Edit: Holy ****. That thing is huge.
Quote by fishmunky
My fiance told me she had to sleep on the couch a few months back cause i got overly grabby in my sleep.
she was apparently not impressed by unconscious caveman moves
Last edited by Zander131 at Mar 8, 2009,
I love that movie! Anyway, I think Wagner was the only one who used it. I don't know which of his pieces it was used on, though.

BTW, Rotosound is coming out with strings that are supposed to be tuned F#-A. If you got a 35" scale 4 string, put those on, and tuned down a step, you'd essentially get an electric octobass. Warwick made something similar to that (the Vampyre Dark Lord), tuned F#-A. They discontinued it this year, but they probably still sell the strings for it.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Yeah i think Wagner was the only one, but that electric octobass sounds cool
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
^ Sweet. He's the only one in the world? There really should be more.

Also, the point of the octobass was to double the contrabasses in order to beef up the low end. So to get the same effect, you should really use an octave down pedal. Unless you play in a band with 2 bassists, in which case having an electric octobass player would be really, really cool.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.