I have been playing about 6/7 years, I have been playing non stop recently ad my playing has quickly improved with some excersizes i have found online. Has anyone got any good, fairly simple excersizes to improve picking and fingering accuracy??

Thanks in advance, M.
I just play songs, and let it work from there.
Depends on your taste in music though.
Death is good for speed and accurate alternative picking.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal

------------------------------12344321--------------------------------
------------------------1234------------4321--------------------------
------------------1234-------------------------4321-------------------
------------1234-------------------------------------4321-------------
------1234-------------------------------------------------4321-------
1234--------------------------------------------------------------4321

------------------------------13244231--------------------------------
------------------------1324------------4231--------------------------
------------------1324-------------------------4231-------------------
------------1324-------------------------------------4231-------------
------1324-------------------------------------------------4231-------
1324--------------------------------------------------------------4231

See where this is going? Keep moving the fingering pattern and move it up and down the neck, until you get it really fast.

Boring exercise, once you get into it, but try to keep your concentration up, and play it over in different combinations several times in a row. Looks basic, but gets trickier once you start to mix it up. Gets you thinking, good warmup, and if you build up with a metronome, really helps with speed, or at least, I found it did.
Quote by Mazzakazza

------------------------------13244231--------------------------------
------------------------1324------------4231--------------------------
------------------1324-------------------------4231-------------------
------------1324-------------------------------------4231-------------
------1324-------------------------------------------------4231-------
1324--------------------------------------------------------------4231

See where this is going? Keep moving the fingering pattern and move it up and down the neck, until you get it really fast.

Boring exercise, once you get into it, but try to keep your concentration up, and play it over in different combinations several times in a row. Looks basic, but gets trickier once you start to mix it up. Gets you thinking, good warmup, and if you build up with a metronome, really helps with speed, or at least, I found it did.

Chromatics.

+1

They're as beneficial as they are boring.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I just came up with an excersize I been using.

Just play a G minor arpeggio starting on 12 on the G string and play that 4 times as a left hand dexterity,
and then do various patterns for 4 bars in the same notes. Such as a 1,3,2,4 pattern in the csale, etc.

Start off slow and work your way up to speed.
its hard to epxlain but its helped me tons
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
---------------------------------6789----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------5678------------789-10----------------------------------------------------------------
------------------4567-----------------------------8910-11----------------------------------------------------
------------3456-----------------------------------------------9-10-11-12------------------------------------
------2345---------------------------------------------------------------------10-11-12-13-------------------
1324----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------11-12-13-14

then move back up the scale from the end to the beginning, it helped me alot being able to move up and down the board quickly
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Learn this pattern, and then speed it up.
Good warm-up for gigs.

Good luck
Attachments:
picking exercise stringskipping.gp5
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Me: Honestly, why haven't we had sex yet?

Her: IDK, we are doing tomorrow after cinema, aren't we?

Me: Err...are we?

Her. Damn right we are.

Thanks UG.
Quote by Incardito
Eating another man without BBQ sauce is pretty badass
Quote by Mazzakazza

You can also alternate b etween strings - for example (no im' not going to code it all out) -

1st finger, 6th string, first fret to 2nd finger 5th string second fret, to third finger 6th string third fret, to fourth finger 5th string 4th fret. Basically it's just chromatics like above except you're juggling between two strings on alternating fingers.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
You can also alternate b etween strings - for example (no im' not going to code it all out) -

1st finger, 6th string, first fret to 2nd finger 5th string second fret, to third finger 6th string third fret, to fourth finger 5th string 4th fret. Basically it's just chromatics like above except you're juggling between two strings on alternating fingers.

Im quite chuffed that everyone has suggested this excersize and variations there of as it is one i have been using this last couple of days and has had a great affect already, Im gonna try the diff variations, the one above sounds difficult but ill give it my best, Cheers for the quik responses, M.