I haven't played in drop A before and all i've really played is drop D on my 6.

What would be good strings (tone, durability, tension) for drop A on a 7 string (low to high: A, E, A, D, G, B, E).

I only use hexcore strings, so what would be some good brands and guages for that?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Ernie Ball. The seven string set they have should be legit. Always a great string company - used em for years.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

A standard set for a 7 should work fine.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
You shouldn't really need new strings. Whatever guage strings you use should be okay just for tuning down a step
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
Quote by Brick23
You shouldn't really need new strings. Whatever guage strings you use should be okay just for tuning down a step

yeah, they should but they're not. They are pretty loose as is.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
get a heavier gauge then
thats pretty simple
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
I play with a set of 10's on my Jeff Loomis sig, and I'm able to tune it to drop A flawlessly

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
What gauges do you use on 6 strings? I mean preference comes to great play here, i personally use a 66 for B, so i would go for a 68 or something for A, but that is based on what i like.

Most 7 string players tend to use a normal 6 string set and buy an extra single string, i dont like the calibration between gauges in some of the 7 string packs.
i'm assuming you still have the stock strings on, which are probably 10s, right? I'd get an Ernie BAll 11 - 52 gauge, and then get something like a single 60 or 62 for the low B string so you can tune it down a step.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
i'm assuming you still have the stock strings on, which are probably 10s, right? I'd get an Ernie BAll 11 - 52 gauge, and then get something like a single 60 or 62 for the low B string so you can tune it down a step.

11s in standard? Ouch.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?