allows me to plug a microphone into my computer and use the computers speakers as speakers for the microphone.

not like recording and playback but just regular speakers. preferably a program where i can add effects like reverb.
Viking/Folk Metal Group <--Join!
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
What idiot puts Randy Rhoads and Dimebag above Hendrix in any guitar list?
Quote by Guitarlord44
well they were both better than hendrix
yeah, theirs a program caller virtuamp that does exactly that

edit: it's freeware, just google it and download
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
ok thanx a ton!
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by Guitarlord44
At least buy a sond card with an XLR input and a couple of 1/4' Inputs. No point recording crappy quality, and trying to make a Demo CD.
..I was watching my death.
when i use this program the sound constantly cuts in and out like a really high tremolo.
is that cuz my CPU or sound card isnt big enough?
Quote by telemonster

Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by Guitarlord44
Quote by Zapht
when i use this program the sound constantly cuts in and out like a really high tremolo.
is that cuz my CPU or sound card isnt big enough?

Try downloading ASIO4ALL, it should fix your problem:

http://www.asio4all.com/

It's fairly simple. Running effects in realtime through a soundcard can take a hefty amount of computer power, an Asio driver is more efficient and will get the latency (the gap between playing and hearing the note) right down so it'll be practically instant. At the moment your soundcard drivers can't keep up with the effects and is that's why it's missing out big chunks of sound!

On my ancient 1.8Ghz computer with onboard sound I can use guitar amp software with less than 4ms of latency, so unless you're using Cold War technology you should be okay.
If ASIO4all doesn't work you might have to make do with plugging your mic in, turning it right up in 'volume control' and maxing your speakers. It doesn't require any computer resources this way.
Last edited by kyle62 at Mar 11, 2009,