I've posted this on a different forum. They came to the conclusion after a lot of discussion that it is a FSR, or Fender Special Request because of the single play pickguard. The shop that I bought it from told me the previous owner added the locking tuners and rolling nut, (obviously did not come with those)
I paid $500 flat, and my only worry is that the body is not a genuine MIA. The pickups are fender custom shops, not sure of the specific make because I haven't had enough time to completely take the pickguard out. Anyways, here are the pics i've snapped. Does anyone have any input? It's possible that the body and neck were put together, but if they are still both MIA parts it was worth the money, right?

I was told simply because of the quality of the wood grain it probably isn't a MIM

Not everyone here is this sad fu<ked up &cold
I must say that is one nice looking guitar. quite the deal for $500
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I would be more worried about the way it sounds and feels, rather than what country it came from. If it plays like something you would pay $500 for, then what does it matter?
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
it's a highway 1 strat ,made in usa.its made pre upgrade (i guess before 2005), so the headstock is smaller.it has a satin nitro finish though.don't worry about it, nice guitar
i have a strat
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Well, for what it's worth, that grain IS gorgeous.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
1. Personally I like the woodgrain.
2. Does it make a difference? Depending on the weather at the time and who you ask, the MIM factory is in America, and I'm pretty sure the US Fender factory isn't too far north from it.
3. I can tell you the answer if I can just get a picture of the back.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Newch
dont be a brat, just play the thing.

I was only concerned that it was worth the money I paid for it
If it is a MIM body, it still is; MIM's nowadays cost $550. $600 for sunburst.

As for the body, does the rib contour have the burst on it or is it just black?

Quote by necrosis1193
If it is a MIM body, it still is; MIM's nowadays cost $550. $600 for sunburst.

As for the body, does the rib contour have the burst on it or is it just black?

you mean the contour on the back? The burst starts on the contour and fades into center, meaning no it is not just black, what does that mean?
Quote by Makina
it's a highway 1 strat ,made in usa.its made pre upgrade (i guess before 2005), so the headstock is smaller.it has a satin nitro finish though.don't worry about it, nice guitar

No way that's a Highway 1. It has a thick finish on it (poly?) not the super thin finish they're known for (nitro?).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by incubusguitar
you mean the contour on the back? The burst starts on the contour and fades into center, meaning no it is not just black, what does that mean?

Then yeah, it's US-made all the way. Awesome deal, go get it.

Quote by Sid McCall
No way that's a Highway 1. It has a thick finish on it (poly?) not the super thin finish they're known for (nitro?).

The pic is deceiving, it is a lot more dull in person than in the pick. The pic makes it appear shiny and glossy, which it is not.
Quote by Makina

It's dated 2007.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by incubusguitar
The pic is deceiving, it is a lot more dull in person than in the pick. The pic makes it appear shiny and glossy, which it is not.

Oh wow, I actually just noticed the glare on the bottom edge is 100% HWY1 finish. My bad.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
neck is american,
although the body and neck might have been put together by the previous owner, the neck SN starts with Z6 and the body says 2007, is that possible?
I think that's possible, especially if there was an overlap around the new year. They could have still been using necks from the previous year on a new order of bodies. Just a guess.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
the only thing I dont get is i bought it used from a guitar shop, of course they are going for a profit so the previous owner i'm assuming sold is to them for around $400, assuming they are trying to get a profit of $100 or so. So why would the guy who added locking tuners, LSR nut, and custom shop pickups have sold it for so little?
Because they're idiots. A friend of mine traded a guy a PS3 for a 72' Gibson Les Paul. Plenty of people are dumb and let good stuff go for low amounts.