So this girl said if I gave her my VK, she's give me a nice Blowjay.

...kidding. Anyway, here's the deal. A guy I know has a Blues Jr. with a Celestion G12L in it. It has the footswitch, and it's missing the handle on top. It also includes the cover. He plays in a heavy Thrice-esque band, and the amp obviously doesn't cut it for him, especially over drums.

I have a ValveKing112 with a Celestion Private Jack speaker. It has the footswitch, but no reverb tank. I got into a fight with it while swapping the speaker, and ended up forcibly removing it by hand. I do not play in a full band right now, and when I do the orchestration will be fairly acoustic and folky. I already have a Champ 600 (with tubes and speaker swapped) for practice. I play indie/rock/blues/punk/ska/folk music with a Tele and an SG.

From what I can tell, the trade would be straight up one for the other, no cash involved. What are your thoughts?

tl;dr- Trading modified VK for modified BJ. He plays in loud electric band, I don't.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
yea, sounds like a straight deal. i would do it.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Can't remember off the top of me noggin', but the BJ and VK are roughly the same price new aren't they?

You have what he wants, and he has what you want, seems like a fair trade if you're both happy.
Yeah, I think they're within $30 of each other new IIRC.

Actually, I'm checking now and it looks like they went up in price with all the other Fender stuff. The cheapest one is $575!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Last edited by Sid McCall at Mar 8, 2009,
sounds like a pretty good deal
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
I dunno, you could probably sell the VK for 250-300 bucks. Depending on what you settle on you could probably get anywhere from 5-10 BJs.

For real though, it sounds like a good deal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Does anyone out there seem to think this is a bad idea for any reason?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
I wouldn't do it. The VK has pretty good cleans, IMO (they're somewhat Fendery) but it's your call.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I wouldn't do it. The VK has pretty good cleans, IMO (they're somewhat Fendery) but it's your call.

Yeah, hah, no. The cleans are the last thing that would stop me from doing this. The BJ can compete with a drummer, right? I'm not worried about having cleans at that point, I want some sweet natural breakup when I jam.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Ah. If breakup's your game then I'd definitely go for the Blues Junior.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah, it gets some nice break up going around that volume. Don't expect any break up at anything less though, it's a much louder amp than people give it credit.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
My opinion probably doesnt matter at this point but Im a big fan of Blues Jrs and this seems like a really good deal for the both of you.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for: