ello pit. My band is gonna try to record a few songs on our guitarists garage program on his mac laptop so we can put it up on our myspace. we tried recording drums on there and it sounded worse than lar's drums on st anger, you couldnt even hear the other drums. and no we dont want to use the drum loops or whatever they are garage band has set on there. we want to record our drummer playing the song. is there like a software or program we can install on his mac that will give the drums a better sound? maybe even all the instruments in general.
Quote by pmcg35
recording drums is a pain in the ass if you dont know what your doing

This. Usually you'd have to mic up every drum and EQ them to get the right sound. Otherwise your tinny little mic will just be overwhelmed by the wall of crushing metal devastation or whatever you play.

Software will not help this.
Quote by pmcg35
recording drums is a pain in the ass if you dont know what your doing

True.
it isn't the software that's making it sound crap, it's your mic(s). I have a 5 piece drum mic set (2 condenser, 2 mid range dyn, 1 bass dyn) through a professional (MOTU 828) audio interface and that sounds passable, but not great.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by randyaintdead82
so would a 4 track possibly work? my neighbors got one

I dont think you quite understand, its not what youre recording into, its what youre recording from
We put 1 mic near the bassdrum and another one near the head of our drummer facing down onto the drums and it sounds fine for a demo, we do use Audacity for recording though, I have no idea how to work with Garageband but I think those kinds of programs just have too many features.

www.audacity.com
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by andyscoot
I dont think you quite understand, its not what youre recording into, its what youre recording from

Im sorry I don't, we just want to record thats all and were very new to this. but if we do need certain mics for recording drums, what type do you reccomend? how many do we need?
Quote by randyaintdead82
Im sorry I don't, we just want to record thats all and were very new to this. but if we do need certain mics for recording drums, what type do you reccomend? how many do we need?

look into a drum mic set. this is what I have, it's not the best, but it wasn't too expensive (look on ebay) and it's decent enough, my main problem recording is that the acoustic of my garage/music room is shite.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.