Could i use a multi fx unit as a poweramp for PA Speakers (not for guitar, for vocals)? In other words, could i plug a Multi Effects unit into 2 PA Speakers and not blow anything up?
Nothing would blow up, you wouldn't get much sound though. Those things are producing a line level signal, you'd need a power amp to drive the speakers.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Nothing would blow up, you wouldn't get much sound though. Those things are producing a line level signal, you'd need a power amp to drive the speakers.

Thanks for the answer. Just wondering, if I were to try this, would i use speaker cables or instrument cables?
Instrument. Speaker cables go from amp to speaker. And when I said you wouldn't have much sound I meant pretty much none at all.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Lefty Guitarist
Thanks for the answer. Just wondering, if I were to try this, would i use speaker cables or instrument cables?

Anytime you are connecting something to speakers you're gonna want to use speaker cables. However, like Kevin already said, if you are just using the effects unit you aren't really going to have any volume. Effects units are basically a preamp so they produce a line level signal - you need to get a power amp in order to actually boost the signal and create an increase in volume.
Wouldn't a poweramp be the PA?

I run a multi-effects straight into a PA and I can't get past '9 oclock' without it blasting the **** outa me. Though I am running a guitar into it, not vocals.
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
The problem is, I cant get the PA to work with the Multi FX Unit, It either doesn't get sound, or it bypasses the Multi FX.
The problem is, I cant get the PA to work with the Multi FX Unit, It either doesn't get sound, or it bypasses the Multi FX. So I wanted to see if I could simply use the FX Unit as the Poweramp, but it didn't work. Thanks anyways, If you could help me get the Multi-FX Unit to work with the PA, that would be great help though.