garageband style software, for windows, any of you pitmonkeys use one?

Page 1 of 2
just looking for a garageband style software,

free would be the best,

if not just post anyways

what do you guys use? the only thing i have is audacity and its kinda bland
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Kristal is quite garage band'ish as far as you ask me. And it is free indeed.

I used to record a lot with it until I moved to Reaper.
I use Cubase, but it's not free.

Quote by Saf1
I use a crack Cubase, fully functional.

I am greater than all of you.

Except me.

Edit

HOLY CRAP MK ASWELL
Quote by jgbsmith
no idea. get a mac?

never

Quote by PhillyHendrix
This

Macs ftw.

id prefer not to spend 2300$ on something worth 750 sorry

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by jgbsmith
no idea. get a mac?

This

Macs ftw.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Mixcraft is the obvious answer. It's a garageband clone for windows, go figure.
Last edited by anubiz03 at Mar 8, 2009,
There's nothing that I know of that's as noob-friendly as Garageband.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Echoplex
Macs are the Gibson of computers.

by that analogy, PCs are the Westfields

/fanboy
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Echoplex
Macs are the Gibson of computers.

Yeah your right they are priced at more then twice their value

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Uhhh you can get a Refurb G4 for 600...also I wouldn't go around bashing companies like apple when you're using windows.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
Quote by Mr_Kite
Uhhh you can get a Refurb G4 for 600...also I wouldn't go around bashing companies like apple when you're using windows.

refurb=not new

i can bash apple all i want when im using windows, there is a simple reason im using windows not leopard... that wasnt that hard to figure out

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I used to use FL Studio, then moved on to Reason. Now I just use Cubase with Amplitube, Guitar Rig 3 and Ampeg SVX for guitar & bass effects and EZDrummer for drums. Works pretty well for me. Their pretty expensive if you pay for them though
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
There are plenty of DAW's for Windows.

Sonar, Cubase, Audacity, Pro Tools, etc.

Garageband is just a stripped down version of Logic, which is only available on OSX.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Yeah your right they are priced at more then twice their value

You must like computers that freeze up and get viruses. If not, you'd have a mac. Theyre worth every penny
Quote by bigfoamfinger
You must like computers that freeze up and get viruses. If not, you'd have a mac. Theyre worth every penny

never froze, never had a virus... but k

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
To all the Mac users here pushing Macs, here me out, for I am also a Mac user:

Shut the fuck up. You are all fucking stupid.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
mixcraffffttt
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by Xiaoxi
To all the Mac users here pushing Macs, here me out, for I am also a Mac user:

Shut the fuck up. You are all fucking stupid.

So...you are calling Mac users stupid, yet YOU use one? GTFO
Quote by bigfoamfinger

Lies

Don't have any problems with my PC

HP + Vista FTW

"Get a mac" is such a terrible answer, the guy just wants a program, I highly doubt he wants to buy a rediculously over priced computer just for one program.

Anyway, Mixcraft is pretty good, not sure If it's free though...
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
Lies

Don't have any problems with my PC

HP + Vista FTW

"Get a mac" is such a terrible answer, the guy just wants a program, I highly doubt he wants to buy a rediculously over priced computer just for one program.

Anyway, Mixcraft is pretty good, not sure If it's free though...

Never did I say to get a whole new computer. Im responding to him acting like Macs are garbage when theyre known for their media-music,pics,video,etc- capabilities and pretty much most studios use them.
Quote by bigfoamfinger
So...you are calling Mac users stupid, yet YOU use one? GTFO

I'm not pushing Mac on someone like an idiot. TS just needs a simple solution to one simple problem. There are plenty of substitute programs for Garageband. Ridiculing her for not willing to spend $2000 for one little thing is retarded. Are you out of your fucking mind?

Case in point:
Quote by bigfoamfinger
Oh right, if I don't want viruses, I MUST have a Mac. I mean, it's not like I can't just rely on good ol' fashioned common sense, get a free AV, and ad-blocker and avoid such a thing. Nope sir, let me just swipe thousands of dollars off my credit card over at www.apple.com because I'm too much of an idiot to manage basic computer skills.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by bigfoamfinger
Never did I say to get a whole new computer. Im responding to him acting like Macs are garbage when theyre known for their media-music,pics,video,etc- capabilities and pretty much most studios use them.

I'm not talking about you saying get a new computer, I was refering to other people who had said that.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm not pushing Mac on someone like an idiot. TS just needs a simple solution to one simple problem. There are plenty of substitute programs for Garageband. Ridiculing her for not willing to spend $2000 for one little thing is retarded. Are you out of your fucking mind?

Case in point:
Oh right, if I don't want viruses, I MUST have a Mac. I mean, it's not like I can't just rely on good ol' fashioned common sense, get a free AV, and ad-blocker and avoid such a thing. Nope sir, let me just swipe thousands of dollars off my credit card over at www.apple.com because I'm too much of an idiot to manage basic computer skills.

Enough tough talk. STFU. YOU use a Mac. Im just backing up the fact that they are quality, reliable computers since TS has some hate for them. Never did I say go swipe my credit card at Apple.com blah blah. Something YOU had no problem doing since you own one.

Yet you wanna act all tough and hardcore and call people retarted/idiotic/etc?? Its so easy for people to act tough on here
Last edited by bigfoamfinger at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by DeltaFunk
I'm not talking about you saying get a new computer, I was refering to other people who had said that.

Ok. gotcha. my bad
Quote by bigfoamfinger
Enough tough talk. STFU. YOU use a Mac. Im just backing up the fact that they are quality, reliable computers since TS has some hate for them. Never did I say go swipe my credit card at Apple.com blah blah.

You're not "just backing up". You are making absurd claims because your head is so far up your fanboy ass that you've severed all ties with reality. And anyone who talks like you has no actual computer knowledge and is just recycling Mac vs PC ads. Congratulations on not being able to think independently.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by bigfoamfinger

Bull. If you aren't a complete idiot, you won't have any problems with your PC. If you are, well... sucks to be you.

All these Mac pushers are worse than the Bible guys at the university...
Mixcraft is the closest tool for Garageband. The others are just the usual recording software.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Xiaoxi
You're not "just backing up". You are making absurd claims because your head is so far up your fanboy ass that you've severed all ties with reality. And anyone who talks like you has no actual computer knowledge and is just recycling Mac vs PC ads. Congratulations on not being able to think independently.

Absurd claims? Learn how to read, then read my posts. I said theyre quality machines, which they are. I hinted that Windows machines are know for being problematic, which they are. Im stating the obvious you douche. I love hypocrites like you who bash something they HAVE just to look cool in a forum
Last edited by bigfoamfinger at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by bigfoamfinger

Yet you wanna act all tough and hardcore and call people retarted/idiotic/etc?? Its so easy for people to act tough on here

How am I acting tough? Oh right, because I'm using good reasoning? Yeah, I can tell you're easily intimidated by that sort of thing.

Quote by bigfoamfinger
Absurd claims? Learn how to read, then read my posts.

Okay, I learned how to read, and I'm reading your posts...and I come across this:

Quote by bigfoamfinger

You must like computers that freeze up and get viruses. If not, you'd have a mac.

Yeah, you're still a fucklng moron.

I hinted that Windows machines are know for being problematic, which they are. Im stating the obvious you douche
How problematic a computer is depends on its user.

I love hypocrites like you who bash something they HAVE just to look cool in a forum

And you tell me to learn to read? I don't even have to give a proper response to this. Anyone reading this already knows how stupid you are.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JimmyBanks6
never

id prefer not to spend 2300$ on something worth 750 sorry

macs are worth what they are. sure, you think its just a computer, but they pack so much really good software in there that it is worth it. First off, Garageband could be a 200 dollar program if it were sold seperately. iMovie, atleast 100 dollars. And all the other programs are really good. And the performance is amazing.
Quote by bigfoamfinger
Absurd claims? Learn how to read, then read my posts. I said theyre quality machines, which they are. I hinted that Windows machines are know for being problematic, which they are. Im stating the obvious you douche

No, Windows machines aren't problematic, it's the Windows users.

PCs are like cars, if you don't take care of them, they'll die on you. So are your cars defective, faulty pieces of crap just because you have to take care of them?

Try driving your Mac to work.
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Mar 8, 2009,
sorry about starting a flame war guys, I was only joking when I said get a mac earlier, I'm with Xiaoxi on this one.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Xiaoxi
How am I acting tough? Oh right, because I'm using good reasoning? Yeah, I can tell you're easily intimidated by that sort of thing.

Okay, I learned how to read, and I'm reading your posts...and I come across this:

Yeah, you're still a fucklng moron.

How problematic a computer is depends on its user.

And you tell me to learn to read? I don't even have to give a proper response to this. Anyone reading this already knows how stupid you are.

Too much BS to respond to. The point is that I like Macs. You also have a Mac, but You want to be a hard ass and say things like "Shut the **** up. You are all ****ing stupid."
Page 1 of 2