Ive been considering putting new pickups on my guitar but i really have no idea how to do it. I wana try it on a crappy Epiphone Sg Special before I actually do it on a nice guitar but I have no idea how to start. Any thoughts?
go to a guitar tech and get him to install them if you are worrying about it, unless if you want to do it yourself.
Thrash, Not Trash.

My Guitar Gear:

Godin LG EMG
Line 6 Spider III 120w
Vox Amplug xP
make sure you don't buy pickups worth anything if theyre going on a crap guitar.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by streetdog1327
Ive been considering putting new pickups on my guitar but i really have no idea how to do it. I wana try it on a crappy Epiphone Sg Special before I actually do it on a nice guitar but I have no idea how to start. Any thoughts?

1 - learn to solder. soldering for the first time on any guitar is the wrong place to develop skills. practice on scraps of wire, junk parts, etc.

2 - once you are good at soldering, the rest is simple mechanical skills. just choose pickups of the same dimensions as the ones you're taking out. for instance, putting a soapbar in a HB opening just won't work without routing and filling the gaps.

3 - pay attention to any wiring you change. be sure to create a drawing of any wiring BEFORE you disconnect things.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.