Ok i've been playing guitar for a year and a half and im the best in my school and I want to start a band so heres the choice.
A. I have my original band members from a while back
1. Drummer- good and willing to contribute but never comes to practice
2. Vocalist- Too cool to hang out and practice but wants to sing
3. Bassist- First learning(and learnin fast) and needs to catch up
4. Rythm- says he wants to practice but never ends up coming

or

B. Join a band from my school who actually works and practices.
They have all the members practice but aren't in my level of music i guess.
I like thrash metal and all that classic metal stuff from the 80s and they like a lot of numetal, metalcore stuff and I really don't. and they don't have a lead guitarist or a vocalist but practice and most likely will contribute and stuff.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
B. You will end up playing shows and meet other musicians with your interest so you can always leave a note to them that if they need another guitarist you're the person for it.

(the sentence above seems... very weird)
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
new band, at least they'll be at practice and become better

nothing ruins a band like flakers
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
join a a band from school. Just because they're not at your level does not mean they're not good. That's like saying Kirk Hammet isn't allowed to play guitar with Paul Gilbert. They're both excellent guitarists but Paul Gilbert is without a doubt better.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by kingofdudes161
join a a band from school. Just because they're not at your level does not mean they're not good. That's like saying Kirk Hammet isn't allowed to play guitar with Paul Gilbert. They're both excellent guitarists but Paul Gilbert is without a doubt better.
\
no their good enough im just saying that they play a way different style then me and that we will probably not agree on lots of stuff.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by therealtater
I would say join the metalcore band, maybe you could come to a comprimise(sp?) and play so many metalcore songs at a gig then play so many trash songs

yea im talkin to them now they want a bassist and vocalist and 2nd guitar so yea maybe i'll be in my first real band this time.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Well band A isn't really a good choice, you could salvage the bassist though. If he's learning fast and comes to practices then he's a good bloke to have around.

Band B doesn't play the style that you like but you could always just join them for fun.

Meanwhile you can always look around for more members for a band more to your taste and bring the band A bassist in when you've found a drummer and rhythm guitar.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Go with band B, it looks as though they are actually getting somewhere.

Also, don't think you will argue a lot because they have a different style, that's what compromising is for. Check out the band Shadows Fall, they are considered a metalcore band but in my honest opinion I think they could also be considered thrash. Listen to "The Failure of the Devout" then "A Fire in Babylon"
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by kingofdudes161

I dunno about that one. Kirk Hammet is pretty sweet.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Quote by pengiunman
Kirk Hammet is pretty sweet.

EPIC FAIL.
Then again, anybody with "Dave Mustaine is a joke" as their sig is obviously a retard and should probably just be ignored.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
EPIC FAIL.
Then again, anybody with "Dave Mustaine is a joke" as their sig is obviously a retard and should probably just be ignored.

Ohhhhhh, I'm gonna quote you in my sig lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, it couldn't fit.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Last edited by pengiunman at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by pengiunman
Ohhhhhh, I'm gonna quote you in my sig lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, it couldn't fit.

Dave mustaine wrote some of metallica's best material and continued to write great lyrics and play exceptional and NOT SLOPPY SOUNDING SOLOS all through megadeth and metallica. Hetfield lyrics have slowly deteriorated... did anyone catch that "love is a four letter word" lyric on the new album? uggh

But on topic- Band B is a much better choice to go with. If you were to become their lead guitarist you might actually influence their sound a bit, so you guys shoudl come to a comprimise and have fun.
do them both.. you can never have to many backups.... all my bands have failed, i needed back ups...
if yuo do both, then see what one is better, than go with that one.
id say go with band 2 cuz itd actually go someplace and thrash metal + numutal/metalcore = the ****

EDIT: or start a band with the fast learning bassist and find dedicated people
Last edited by Lectric Bill at Mar 9, 2009,
Dave mustaine wrote some of metallica's best material and continued to write great lyrics and play exceptional and NOT SLOPPY SOUNDING SOLOS all through megadeth and metallica. Hetfield lyrics have slowly deteriorated... did anyone catch that "love is a four letter word" lyric on the new album? uggh
He's not bad at guitar or songwriting, he just shouldn't be the lead singer lol. I mean sure, for some like "She Wolf" or "Peace Sells" to name a few, it fits in good, but come on, he couldn't have found anybody else?
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by pengiunman

He's not bad at guitar or songwriting, he just shouldn't be the lead singer lol. I mean sure, for some like "She Wolf" or "Peace Sells" to name a few, it fits in good, but come on, he couldn't have found anybody else?

Not bad?
He's a metal god.
And if you had done your homework, you would know that he tried out some dudes, but none of them fit, so that's when he decided to sing.
I like his singing; it wouldn't be Megadeth without it.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.