Page 1 of 16
Tickets all sold out!

If you didn't get a ticket, viagogo is the official fan-to-fan reseller site. They have tickets for Reading and Leeds.

Here's the lineup!

For Leeds lineup, the friday is Reading's saturday, the saturday is Reading's sunday, and the sunday is Reading's friday!

Who's going? What you think of the lineup? All Reading/Leeds festival discussion here!
Last edited by filthandfury at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Download still looks better. Unless Pearl Jam decide to play again. In which case they should have a Pearl Jam day, where it's simply Pearl jam rotating to different stages for two different sets- unplugged and fully live.

Sonisphere still looks better than Download. Just please let Dream Theater go to Sonisphere!
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
if AC/DC go then that would be pretty good imo:

Arctic Monkeys, AC/DC and Enter Shikari.. love them all

but I dunno whether I'm going.. costs loads.. and I'd need to get a group of mates to have it organised..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

isnt this really similar to download?
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Sonisphere still looks better than Download. Just please let Dream Theater go to Sonisphere!

Sonisphere Sweden looks better than Download, but Download looks better than Sonisphere UK. I've seen Machinehead more times than I care to remember, LoG and Mastodon will most likely end up playing Download anyway (as far as I'm aware, only those two bands aren't signed to exclusivity contracta) and Linkin Park... well, they're good live when they're good. I just don't want to watch them if they end up being bad.
if you look at confirmed line ups for other festivals you'll see that most of those rumours won't happen, Mike Patton, Limp Bizkit and Oasis for example.
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by AloneInSpace
I actually really like the line up. Slipknot seems a little random haha.

Me too, glad I'm not alone.

They were meant to play last year, but Joey broke his ankle. Maybe they'll play this year to make up for it
Already bought my tickets last year for Leeds, so I'll be going no matter who's playing.

Don't mind AM & KOL but I'm hoping Radiohead don't headline. AC/DC would be awesome though.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
AC/DC's good....... the rest of that list sucks epicly.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
That line up looks terrible. I was hoping to go as a lot of my mates are going.
Arctic Monkeys and AC/DC FTW!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
That looks pretty poor in all honesty. Not a single band I like.

That said, sonisphere and download only have 2 bands I really like each.

After the last Reading lineup, this could be a huge disappointment.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Freakin' jealous. I want to see the Arctic Monkeys and Kings of Leon, Kaiser Chiefs and the Offspring (and if The Prodigy ends up playing I'm going to be even more jealous) very badly, but I'm wayyy on the other side of the world. I will be in the UK during Glasto though and am hoping to get tickets...
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
This lineup has been doing the rounds:

Friday
Kings of Leon
Kaiser Chiefs
Yeah Yeah Yeah’s
Maximo Park
The Mars Volta
The Subways
Rise Against
The Noisettes

Saturday
Radiohead
Placebo
Lostprophets
Jane’s Addiction
GUESTS
Bowling for Soup

Sunday
Arctic Monkeys
The Offspring
Weezer
The Cribs
Pigeon Detectives
Vampire Weekend
Hello, mother leopard. I have your cub. You must protect her, but that will be expensive. 10,000 cola nuts, wrapped in brown paper. Midnight, behind the box. I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
I would be happy with the above lineup, its not as good as last years, but for the music of today it is reasonable. Yes to The Mars Volta!
Oh God I nearly forgot for about this for the second year in a row. Thank you TS for reminding me. I'm undecided on whether to go to Reading or Leeds. Gonna have to make some phone calls.
That line-up kicks serious ass
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
I'm buying a ticket, I went last year and it was great. There's no way to even check the lineup if you want a ticket because you have to go in for it straight away, so if the lineup is ****e I will end up flogging it on evilbay. I've got to admit, I'm not thrilled by the current rumors, save a few bands (Radiohead etc.).
Quote by Death_switch
Oh God I nearly forgot for about this for the second year in a row. Thank you TS for reminding me. I'm undecided on whether to go to Reading or Leeds. Gonna have to make some phone calls.

You're a northerner son, there should be no doubt where you go. Have you seen where Reading is? It's next to a trading estate FFS. Sounds a cool lineup, imagine the opening chords for Karma Police at a festival *shivers* cannot wait!!
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Leeds/Reading line-up last year was better imo, I went to Leeds and it was amazing.

I would go again this year if I had the money but I'm going travelling with some mates.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
I would go just for Kings Of Leon.

Seen 'em twice. They didn't really put on much of a show but this was before they were mega-famous.

The rumoured lineup looks ok but in fairness is only a small part of the reason why I want to go anyway. I really doubt Radiohead will be there.
Quote by Cal UK
You're a northerner son, there should be no doubt where you go. Have you seen where Reading is? It's next to a trading estate FFS. Sounds a cool lineup, imagine the opening chords for Karma Police at a festival *shivers* cannot wait!!

Lol of course I know where it is. One of my flat mates is a southerner though so I might go with her and meet up with another friend who I went to school with but is also considering going to Reading over Leeds for the same reason.

EDIT: *Prays AC/DC are not part of the lineup*
Last edited by Death_switch at Mar 22, 2009,
Yeah we're trying to get tickets again. Whether we do or not is another question.
Some good stuff on there, would love to see Green Day or Ac/Dc. Definatly go and see Killswitch too.
Not buying my ticket till i see the bones of the line up offically, but still prefer to go to Sonisphere.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by last-1s-out
Some good stuff on there, would love to see Green Day or Ac/Dc. Definatly go and see Killswitch too.
Not buying my ticket till i see the bones of the line up offically, but still prefer to go to Sonisphere.

Tickets sell out fast. You really don't have time to mess about checking the official lineup although usually you have a pretty good idea by the time tickets go on sale.

But so help me God if Green Day are a headliner. I don't think I could live with myself knowing I have partially contributed to them continuing to exist.
Quote by Death_switch
Tickets sell out fast. You really don't have time to mess about checking the official lineup although usually you have a pretty good idea by the time tickets go on sale.

+1 The official site was flooded last year and you couldn't even get onto the lineup page.
Quote by Death_switch
But so help me God if Green Day are a headliner. I don't think I could live with myself knowing I have partially contributed to them continuing to exist.

Why do you have such a huge problem with AC/DC and Green Day? The festival will be **** if its just indie bands every day.
Is it only me that doesn't want Radiohead headlining?

The rest of that lot looks OK though, so I suppose there's bound to be something good on while they're playing.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Everyone going in this thread is my enemy until I finally get a ticket.
Argh! This is soooo harsh, you guys know I'm dyslexic!!!!!!!!!
I defecate all over my clothes to get extra protected
Roses are Red
Violets are Bitchin
God Dammit Woman
Get Back in the Kitchen