Poll: Which Pedal
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Pedal
Metal-Zone
5 36%
Metal-Core
9 64%
Voters: 14.
Hi, im deciding between BOSS metalcore and metalzone. I play metal bands like these:
Black Label Society
Cannibal Corpse
Lamb of God
Slayer
Metallica
Megadeth
As i Lay Dying
Children of Bodom
Pantera
Job For A Cowboy
Dethklok
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Necrophagist
Rage Against The Machine
System of a Down
Slipknot
Etc.

I am leaning a bit more toward the metalcore but i wanted to know what other people thought from thier experience
Go with the EHX Metal Muff, miles ahead of the MT-2 at least.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Metalcore. I had a metalzone and it died after about 7 months. The tone isn't that great anyways.
Quote by minchew
Metalcore. I had a metalzone and it died after about 7 months. The tone isn't that great anyways.

...and the Metalcore's tone is great?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I'm sure you could find a great metal dist. pedal for around the same price as the MT-2 or ML-2. Check this place for a nice selection of sweet pedals.

I'm not a big metal dist. guru, so I can't really help.
I've heard a few people use it for metal rhythm tones and it was pretty good. I don't have a lot of personal experience using them. My personal advise would be to get an amp with a good distortion and not worry about using a pedal.
Quote by Levi79
i checked it out, not my cuppa tea

why not? Its the same price or cheaper than both of the boss ones and is miles ahead of them.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Neither, both of those pedals are disgusting.

EHX Metal Muff I suppose..

I mean if you can't possibly upgrade whatever amp you're using ATM.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by minchew
I've heard a few people use it for metal rhythm tones and it was pretty good. I don't have a lot of personal experience using them. My personal advise would be to get an amp with a good distortion and not worry about using a pedal.

+1
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
I would not recommend either of those! The new Digitech Hardwire Metal Dist. blows the boss pedals out of the water! If u dont believe me go to GC and try one!
What kinda of amp do you have? Must be a crappy one if you're needing a boss pedal. If you wan to sound like ANY of those bands you need a good amp. No distortion pedal will get you the tone of a single band you listed.

Get yourself a used 5150 or 6505 so you can have those tones.
Quote by JoePerry4life
Boss pedals aren't great IMO, if you can afford one get a Metal Muff.

+1
Matter of preference. I use the Metal Zone and I like it. You should try out a variety of pedals with your amp to see which one sounds the best. Everyone on here is going to promote what they use, so you need to find out for yourself. Thats your best bet.
neither of those pedals is very good. probably what you want is a new amp if youre not happy with your distortion tone.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
if your gonna go with a pedal a metal muff with top boost is good, but i woudl just save up for a nice tube amp, you can get a used tube amp for liek 400 bucks if you shop around, peavey valveking, carvin mts or b-52 at-100
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
If you MUST have a Boss, the metalcore has a lot tighter gain and isn't completely garbage. But like others have said, just save up an extra 30 bucks or so and get the Electrharmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost. It's a lot more versatile, the low ends are fat without being too loose and if you scoop the mid on the pedal you can get a pretty decent tone that doesn't come off as too processed.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
Jackson DKMG

Amps:
Peavey 5150 212
Pedals:
BBE Grean Screamer
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Electroharmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Korg Pitch Black