I recently had a set of .11 - .54 ernie balls put on my guitar and it was set up for drop c. Lately i have been playing some in flames in c standard and drop A#. I was wondering if after i play i should tune the strings back up to drop c or if it will effect the neck in any way tuned down.

I also want to know is it possible to play in E standard with my guitar set up for drop C? Or is it another case i could tune it up to E but tune down when i quit playing?

Help would be appreciated.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
If anyone could chime in it would be appreciated since i don't want to ruin my guitar
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
don't leave your guitar in drop A# if it's set for C. it'll warp the neck. Plus, you'll probably break the strings if you leave it in E standard for too long or if you strum too hard... those strings are meant for lower tunings, as said on the pack

EDIT: wait, my bad, drop A# should be fine cause it's just dropping the 6th string. umm, the only you'd have problem with is the E standard as mentioned above
Last edited by randomhero93 at Mar 8, 2009,
drop A# is still a step down from drop C though... i've heard tons of people who play in standard with .11's so i was wondering what the deal was.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4