Title. By versatile I mean I want the guitar to play everything from soft rock to thrash metal and everything in between. If you want you may reccomend a guitar and a perferably cheap set of pickups to replace its stock set, in order to be able to play everything I want it to. Thanks
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
MIM Fender Fat Strat. Humbucker in the bridge for your thrash/metal/hard rock, single coils for your blues/jazz/softer stuff.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Fender Strats, Teles and Jags are pretty versitile, I had a BC Rich once, it had Duncan designed pickups, it was really good, Epiphone Guitars, EMG pickups and most active pickups aren't good for anything but high gain music, so its really about the playability of the instrument that suits you.
check out michael kelly guitars, they typically have the HH configuration but they have coil taps. they're really nice comfortable guitars, i have the valor custom, but im pretty sure that model is discontinued.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
JAG-STANG! All the way man!! Leave the original neck P/u in and replace the bucker with something REALLY powerful like a SD quaterpound on EMG81
oh and check up on shecters, I think its the blackjack that has a set of humbuckers with a switch to have just a single coil on, thats is a good option
It really depends on you amp, but I would go for a used hss strat with a pickup swap. Amp wise I woul go B52.