im just curious as to how this is even possible? Has anybody done it and would like to share some input on how they did it?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
It is entirely possible. If you have know much about Muse, then you know this. Lots of people are trying to duplicate Matt Bellamy stuff on this site. You just run the pickup leads to a DPDT switch. Or 3PDT if you want an LED. Then you run the switch to the output of the guitar on one lead, and to the Fuzz Factory on the other.
Yup muse has done it, I've done it, people have put other effects in there guitar, certainly possible. I simply took the circuit board from a fuzz i built and screwed it into where the tremolo used to be (converted it to a TOM) UNFORTUNATELY, that guitar is no longer with me
Im a huge Muse fan, thats partly why im asking.

Would it be possible to mount it inside a les paul where the tone/volume knobs are routed, and replace the tone knobs with the FF ones (not sure which ones Id use yet)? It would be cool to just use the factory tone knobs as controls for the FF, to hide any evidence of modification.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Im a huge Muse fan, thats partly why im asking.

Would it be possible to mount it inside a les paul where the tone/volume knobs are routed, and replace the tone knobs with the FF ones (not sure which ones Id use yet)? It would be cool to just use the factory tone knobs as controls for the FF, to hide any evidence of modification.

I guess, you'd have to cut the guitar up though wouldn't you?
Quote by Comrade Curry
I guess, you'd have to cut the guitar up though wouldn't you?

I wouldnt think so?

Simply mounting the circuit board somewhere in the huge space that is the volume/tone cavity in an LP, and just wiring the FF controls out of the 2 tone, replacing them.

Another quesiton, where do you guys mount the bypass switch?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Invader Jim
Maybe on the side of the lower bout so you can hit it with your knee?

Is it possible to use a toggle switch instead of a normal latching?

Im thinking more along the lines of a EMG-esque gain booster style switch.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Ok sounds good.

Also, what knobs do people usually have mounted outside the guitar? Im assuming one is Stab?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
i'd recommend before undertaking the task of installing an effect into your guitar that you make sure that you really, really need the effect in there. with that being said there are a few methods towards putting something like a fuzz factory in your guitar. you can buy one, take it apart, rout the extra space in the cavity for the board and battery and mount all your knobs and switch or get yourself some perfboard, a schematic and parts - essentially build your own fuzz factory with a much smaller footprint - and try fitting it in the cavity and probably still end up having to rout out space for the battery. either way it'll be real tight if you dont make some extra space in there.

i understand why people like that sound but other than the gimmick quality of having it in the guitar so you can twist knobs and make some nifty sounds i still think it's easier to crouch down and turn the knobs on the pedal itself, or stomp a switch when you need it instead of interrupting your playing for the second it takes to flick a switch (music is timing-no need to make it difficult). plus fuzz wouldnt be my first choice for an onboard effect but to each his own. so like i said, before you undertake a project like this make sure it really is a pedal that you need onboard the guitar, and make sure you add a battery compartment or youre gonna feel real dumb when yr in the middle of a set and your battery dies on you. flicking open a compartment is easier than unscrewing a pickguard or cavity cover.