OK, I need your help. I am sort of redoing this SG. Now I need some pups. I'm going to get them from GFS, because they're nicely priced and I think they sound OK? I'm on a budget. So I need you guys to reccomend me two humbuckers, one for cleans and one for distortion. I want the clean pickup to sound very full, and bassy as well, and maybe a little bluesy if I push it. Very warm. The distortion pup should be very vintage sounding, think Sabbath, Zep, and Wolfmother. I don't know what to choose. Also, can you tlell me which should go in the neck and which should go in the bridge? Thanks!

Link to the pups: http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html

I'd say Vintage 59 neck, Fat Pat bridge.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
get somehting better,they're not really worth it
just get one good one like a dimarzio or SD
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by oneblackened
I'd say Vintage 59 neck, Fat Pat bridge.

This. I can vouch especailly for the Fat Pat, I have it in my 100GBP build and it sounds great.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Hey! Didn't I recommend those same pickups yesterday? Hah it's all good though. Glad I could help point you in the right direction.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
And OK last question. Will these improve my tone at all over the SG Standard's at all? I really don't wanna accidentally downgrade.

I think it's a matter of taste there. I think you've mentioned before that you don't have a great amp (idk what it is though), and if that's the case you will not notice a difference in pickups, and you're better off keeping the stock pickups for now. The only reason I could see you getting the GFS pickups is because you're shooting for a gold accent theme, and the standard pickups are chrome. If this is the case, I'm willing to say go for the gold pickups and down the road when you have a better amp, the pickups will still sound great.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I think it's a matter of taste there. I think you've mentioned before that you don't have a great amp (idk what it is though), and if that's the case you will not notice a difference in pickups, and you're better off keeping the stock pickups for now. The only reason I could see you getting the GFS pickups is because you're shooting for a gold accent theme, and the standard pickups are chrome. If this is the case, I'm willing to say go for the gold pickups and down the road when you have a better amp, the pickups will still sound great.

OK good. Yeah, you're right. All the hardware I'm changing over to gold. But I know I won't notice it now, I'm just saying down the road I want to know my tone didn't get worse when I could've just gotten some gold pup covers. But I think since I'm actually getting these pups especially for the tone I want, it ought to sound better for the things I play. I have a horrible amp and will not mention it for the risk of flaming, but my priority is fixing up this SG for now, and I'm gonna get a better amp down the road. I could give a long detailed explanation as to why I'm working on the guitar instead of saving for an amp, but I'm not going to .