I'm going to buy a firewire recording interface, but I don't have any firewire ports, lol. Theres some PCI ones on ebay for like $10. Are ****ty quality ones going to lag the interface and make my recordings messed up? Which should I look at
?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Idk dude this is a guitar site, try a computer forum, mother****er.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Why the hell didn't you just put this in your last thread...which was already unnecessary seeing as how there's an "only computer" thread.

Or you could just you know...use Google. That's always a good idea.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Go to newegg.com and look for PCI Firewire cards, and choose the one with the most good reviews. That simple.

.....Or switch to USB. I can never seem to get IEEE1394 to work anyway.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Yah.

What I'm asking is, will certain (cheaper) ones cause maybe a lag? Or are there quality issues ?

Quote by tr3nt
What I'm asking is, will certain (cheaper) ones cause maybe a lag? Or are there quality issues ?

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't buy PC components off Ebay anyway... it doesn't seem right.

Plus it depends on which generation of Firewire you get. Firewire goes anywhere from 400-3200mbps, so check which version of Firewire it is first.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't buy PC components off Ebay anyway... it doesn't seem right.

Plus it depends on which generation of Firewire you get. Firewire goes anywhere from 400-3200mbps, so check which version of Firewire it is first.

The recording interface i'm looking to get doesn't say..

Up, still wondering.