I'm interested in getting a new delay, mostly because my DD3 doesn't have enough features, nor a long enough delay time. I've been looking into the Boss DD7 and DigiTech Hardwire DL-8, although I'd appreciate other suggestions as well. Which one of them is better?

Mainly what I want is more than a second of delay time, tap tempo and the ability to loop. Don't suggest the Carbon Copy, 'cause it only has 600ms of delay time, and no tap tempo, nor a looping capability. And no, I don't care about 'omgz teh anal0gz toanz!' either.

Hit me, UG.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I'm interested in getting a new delay, mostly because my DD3 doesn't have enough features, nor a long enough delay time. I've been looking into the Boss DD7 and DigiTech Hardwire DL-8, although I'd appreciate other suggestions as well. Which one of them is better?

Mainly what I want is more than a second of delay time, tap tempo and the ability to loop. Don't suggest the Carbon Copy, 'cause it only has 600ms of delay time, and no tap tempo, nor a looping capability. And no, I don't care about 'omgz teh anal0gz toanz!' either.

Hit me, UG.

where do you want it?
Not in the face!

But come on... any responses?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta

Hit me, UG.

Finally someone who completely agrees with me about the whole analog thing.

I had the exact same situation as you, I liked my DD-3, but wanted more features, delay, and tap tempo.

The answer is the DD-7, thats what I did and it rules. Although I've heard some good things on the Hardwire series as well. There's the Line 6 DL-4 too. If I were you I'd go try these all out, but buy the DD-7 because it kicks ass
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
My budget is basically $160. I've got to pay shipping and importation fees on top of it, too, because the local music shop is literally the devil (see my user title) when it comes to prices, knowledge about gear, etc.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
My budget is basically $160. I've got to pay shipping and importation fees on top of it, too, because the local music shop is literally the devil (see my user title) when it comes to prices, knowledge about gear, etc.

Yeah actually if you can't try it out than if you want to get it I say pull the trigger, thats what I did and it turned out fine. The biggest is that its very similar to the DD-3 in sound, and just the added features.

I use the looping a lot, its pretty much perfect. The analog mode is pretty cool, but I don't use it all too much as its a little it extreme (just adds a warped feel to it, not much). The Modulate mode is really awesome, especially when fiddling with flange, chorus, and phase. This thing also has enough delay to slay a walrus if needed. The reverse mode is pretty standard, cool but not really useful.

Plus if you get it I'd suggest the footswitch for tap tempo, that makes this thing even better to use.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
You could score a used Headrush E2, that would be well worth it. There's a dampening knob for the delays (tap tempo as well), which let's you basically choose how pristine or decayed the repeats are. On top of that, the looper is probably the most simple and intuitive one on the market.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
EHX Echo #1...digital delay...2 second delay time

EDIT: didn't see the looping part in OP
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
EHX Echo #1...digital delay...2 second delay time

...but no looping, and pretty much NO features.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
The Headrush certainly seems interesting, but has less looping time than the BOSS (35 seconds vs. 40) Also from what I'm reading it's noisy and produces a bunch of white noise.

Anyone have any experience with the Hardwire?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
The Hardwire competes with the DD-7 for sure. And also in my experience the DD-3 sounds better than the DD-7. I second the Headrush, when I tried it it really wasn't noisy.

EDIT: Also, 40 seconds of looping is completely ridiculous except for crazy experimental stuff, and even then it might be a bit much.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Mar 8, 2009,