alright well, im planning on doing some all shall perish covers, and most of their songs are in drop B.

And im having trouble figuring out how to tune my guitar to it.

I know zero theory, and the way I tune my guitar is youtube videos (pathetic, I know).

I just wanted a step by step way to tune my guitar to drop B from standard or drop C.
tune down from drop c the same way you would tune to drop c down from drop d.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
buy a tuner?
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Don't do it because ASP use seven strings and since you can't even get to Drop B on your own and probably don't have a tuner even though you've been playing for two years and will probably **** up your guitar or just waste strings and should probably stay in E and really learn to play before covering your wonderful little Deathcore music?
Quote by deaththrashcore
Don't do it because ASP use seven strings and since you can't even get to Drop B on your own and probably don't have a tuner even though you've been playing for two years and will probably **** up your guitar or just waste strings and should probably stay in E and really learn to play before covering your wonderful little Deathcore music?

I CAN get it on my own, I just need to know how.

And my strings are heavy enough gauge so you dont have to worry about that.

Stop being an asshole douchebag.

Also, I cant afford a decent tuner right now.
Last edited by GuitaristTrue at Mar 8, 2009,
There's plenty of online guitar tuners with tone generators. There are also plenty of tuning guides online. Learn to use Google before you pick your guitar back up.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by GuitaristTrue
I CAN get it on my own, I just need to know how.

And my strings are heavy enough gauge so you dont have to worry about that.

Stop being an asshole douchebag.

Also, I cant afford a decent tuner right now.

Well, if they use 7 strings, then you won't be able to get the last 5-7 notes or so that they might use in their songs. Just throwing that out there.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You can tune to drop b (BF#BEG#C#) if you have good ears. From standard...play an open b string...tune down your low e until its in tune with this b...then proceed to tune the others like you would a guitar in any drop tuning...7th fret on the low b=open f#(5th string)...once you get that one tuned...5th fret on the f#=open b (4th-string)...5th fret on the b string=open e (3rd string)...4th fret on the open e string=open g# (2nd string)...5th fret on the open g# string=open c#(1st string). Just start from the bottom and tune your way up the strings.

Or you could just buy a tuner.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Mar 8, 2009,
quick google: http://www.fretjam.com/drop-tuning.html
I think this link should provide you with what you need to know!

I know how it is to be without a tuner! I just recently bought my first tuner, and I've been playing for about 4½ years before that! I learned to tune a guitar by ear, and so should you

(and some Google training could be useful too!)

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
http://www.howtotuneaguitar.org/
there you go, use it since you dont have a good tuner
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell