i am no scientist, im not sure if this picture is 100% accurate, but if you know, discuss.
(Invalid img)
so it could help sick people, create tons of jobs, and generate a billion dollar industry, get rid of pot dealers / violence created over street drug dealing, AND give us energy?!!
Link doesn't work.

EDIT: I'm not into biochemistry, but it looks plausible. I'm for legalizing it, only because the government would make a killing.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by Survivalism
It would save us from a lot of things. That's why it's not happening.

This.

EDIT:

America is a government by the People, of the People, and for the People, and the majority of the People = ignorant, when it comes to cannabis.

Democracy is just 51% of the population enslaving the other 49%, but it's the best we've got.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by Survivalism
It would save us from a lot of things. That's why it's not happening.

Too true.
I'm for legalization, but some people over hype the power of a plant. It could become a major industry, but it isn't going to instantly save the world in every way possible if it becomes legalized and industrialized. (It would still help the economy a fair amount, but I think human rights are the biggest reason behind why it should be legalized.)
that would deffinetly not save us from oil, sorry to burst your bubble

we consume such a ridiculous amount of oil each day that making methanol would not even be close to the amount of oil used. Also think of the repurcusions of having billions of weed farms, would take corn farms and cause food shortages, also would cause alot of forests to be clear cut to allow for such a huge need in weed to be grown, causing more environmental problems

although the theory is good, its not really plausible.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
i just wanna get high...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by JimmyBanks6
that would deffinetly not save us from oil, sorry to burst your bubble

we consume such a ridiculous amount of oil each day that making methanol would not even be close to the amount of oil used. Also think of the repurcusions of having billions of weed farms, would take corn farms and cause food shortages, also would cause alot of forests to be clear cut to allow for such a huge need in weed to be grown, causing more environmental problems

although the theory is good, its not really plausible.

Yea really, if they planned on using pot to supply our needs of oil, they would first have to cut out all other vegetation, plant pot and use it. It would take SO much. Plus there would be no pot for the rest of us. **** that.
Unfortunately scientific fact is no cure for ignorance
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Quote by Bradders0707
Wow, stoners are really pulling out the stops.

Yeah, damn our logic.

Hemp has the capacity to be a huge cash crop. The fact that it is not being taken advantage of is a disgrace to human progress.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by Masamune
I have a question that's related to this.

Whatever happened to that bill in California about legalizing pot?

It faded away into the backwaters of legislation, unfortunately, just like every other cannabis-related bill that doesn't push for more arrests....

(I don't know)

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Everyone wants to legalize ganja for all these great uses, it is a great plant, but too many people just want it for smoke and not to better the planet. If it was used solely for oil its not like you'd have all the free smoke you wanted, you would still have to use the buds for oil production. Besides habitual use isn't good. Occasional is cool, but too much of anything can be bad.
Quote by garden of grey
I'm for legalization, but some people over hype the power of a plant. It could become a major industry, but it isn't going to instantly save the world in every way possible if it becomes legalized and industrialized. (It would still help the economy a fair amount, but I think human rights are the biggest reason behind why it should be legalized.)

You can make fuel from the hemp plant, so we don't have to use petroleum. You can make clothing from the hemp plant. You can make paper from the hemp plant, which would save forests.

You can smoke it and have a really ****ing good time. You can also smoke it and use it to help cure your medical issues.

It's truly the most useful plant in the world, and people like you and me aren't allowed to grow it. I suggest you read Jack Herer's book, I don't remember the name at the moment, but it will open the crap out of your eyes.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by humperdunk
You can make fuel from the hemp plant, so we don't have to use petroleum. You can make clothing from the hemp plant. You can make paper from the hemp plant, which would save forests.

You can smoke it and have a really ****ing good time. You can also smoke it and use it to help cure your medical issues.

It's truly the most useful plant in the world, and people like you and me aren't allowed to grow it. I suggest you read Jack Herer's book, I don't remember the name at the moment, but it will open the crap out of your eyes.

You're preaching to....the PREACHER!

But yeah, seriously, it IS useful.

Quote by wickedlefty
Everyone wants to legalize ganja for all these great uses, it is a great plant, but too many people just want it for smoke and not to better the planet. If it was used solely for oil its not like you'd have all the free smoke you wanted, you would still have to use the buds for oil production. Besides habitual use isn't good. Occasional is cool, but too much of anything can be bad.

It shouldn't be illegal just because habitual use is dangerous.

Look at cigs and booze, for example. Habitual use is REALLY bad for both of those, yet they are legal.

In fact, I'd rather live with someone who uses pot habitually than live with a boozer any day....

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Last edited by dudetheman at Mar 8, 2009,
Legalizing marijuana wouldn't help the fuel problem.

Legalizing INDUSTRIAL HEMP would, though.

If industrial hemp was legal, we would be out of the recession far sooner. Food, clothing, biofuel, paper, textiles, and loads more can be made from hemp. It produces more oxygen than trees, and is the most abundant plant on the entire planet.

And it's illegal.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
could you imagine the prices of houses around marijuana power plants.. you could get high by walking out your front door... WIN
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
Quote by DrPepper09
could you imagine the prices of houses around marijuana power plants.. you could get high by walking out your front door... WIN

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Masamune

they're looking for money in couches... give them time
Quote by filthandfury

Wow.... thats amazing! It would solve so many things. I printed that out and Im taking it to school tomorrow to show all of my fellow peers and educate them. Maybe even Ill show my teachers lol. But I think Im going to put it in my binder for all to see.

Thanks for sharing TS.

*Gives e-cookie*
Quote by fallenangel20

dont tell me you wouldn't want a house next to it.

and we just figured out how to stimulate the housing market & economy and create fuel, all at one time.. Ingenious!
Quote by filthandfury

Quote by Masamune

Arnold Schwarzenegger ate the bill
I'm all for it, but the government seems to make excuses about everything. If this gets legalized, you'll have all the paranoid psychotics complaining about how people will soon start drinking the weed water or some sht.

I'm all for it, though.
Quote by DrPepper09
dont tell me you wouldn't want a house next to it.

and we just figured out how to stimulate the housing market & economy and create fuel, all at one time.. Ingenious!

I was facepalming your notion that you would get a contact high from living next to one.

Saxo-Walrus

Ethanol can be produced from lots of things. For example: sugar cane, bagasse, miscanthus, sugar beet, sorghum, grain sorghum, switchgrass, barley, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cassava, sunflower, fruit, molasses, corn, stover, grain, wheat, straw, cotton, etc. No need to legalize pot for fuel. Nice try though stoners.
Who said every person who wants to legalise pot is a stoner?

I've never smoked/ingested any kind of marijuana, and I'm all for the legalisation.

Saxo-Walrus

Just a thought: where would the heat required to make the methanol come from? Oil or coal, maybe?

Biofuel is a horrible idea. It's very expensive to make and doesn't lubricate engines upon combustion like oil products do, which leads to broken car engines. And just think how many people would steal the plants from the fields.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Still doesn't solve our CO2 emission problems. I think that the oil plants now would be more environmental friendly becuase we've engineered and altered the plants over the last 4 or 5 decades. This technology would still be relativley knew and would probably release even more emissions of CO2 than the modern oil plants.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65