Anyone have/tried one? I've heard mixed things about the guitar ones over in the gear forum. I'm kind of leery of buying from them, but the temptation to get a MM style pickup for $40 is driving me mad:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsmmproplal.html

I'm starting a build with a p/mm pup configuration and am really wondering if I can skimp and get this. I'll be transplanting a duncan Quarter-pound into the p-space.
They're... ok... thats about it. An upgrade from crappy pickups, but not better than the bigger brands.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
If I'm not going to get away with a super awesome deal, what would everyone recommend for a MM style pup?

I know good MM style basses usually have active pres, but I want a pup that will sound as good as possible with a passive set up. Is this even practical in any way shape or form?

I've found Duncans and Carvins for around $85 and Norstrands for a little over $100. Has anyone popped one of these fellas into a bass?

Of course I'd like to try them all out, but that's just not going to happen. I'm going to have to go from your suggestions and the sound clips I find based on those.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I know good MM style basses usually have active pres, but I want a pup that will sound as good as possible with a passive set up. Is this even practical in any way shape or form?

MM pickups work and sound just fine in passive circuits - they just don't sound like a Stingray/Sterling/Bongo.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210