Page 1 of 2
I never can go out and meet new people. I haven't met anyone new since high school expect at places I work at. I'm too socially awkward to make conversation with new people.

Loser quota: My best friend is a person I met and talk to online more than 200 miles away that I never met. In fact, I know more people online than I do in person.

/fail.

That makes life boring and lonely and redundant. So lame.

Sorry, that is my pity party for the day.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
....cool...
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Step 1: Shower
Step 2: Go to nearest bar
Step 3: Use every lame line until it works.

Or you could always cut... Your choice.
Duncan.Hills.Duncan.Hills. COFFEE!!!

If a tree falls in the woods, and a man is there to hear it, but the tree crushes the man, does the man dying make a sound?
Yeah that seems like the proper template for a social reject.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by Ghost_bass
....cool...

Surprisingly, not at all.
Dude, doesn't matter if ur wierd. Find some emo scene chicks. They always think wierd is good. ALWAYS.
way to kill my buzz man.
i havent really met anyone new since high school either (fair enough im only one year out) but i dont care those guys are my best buds.
Just cause you socialize more online doesn't mean you are a social reject. Most of the people where I live are utter d**kheads.
🙈 🙉 🙊
in all seriousness. i would recomend seeing a psycologist. i had the same problem and had a nervous breakdown and went to see one. since then my life has changed completly.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
im assuming you play an instrument because your a uger, so you could find people to jam with, maybe even start a band
just talk to people it's really not that hard. i've been in the same state as you, but as of 2 weeks ago I said "**** it" and started talking to people. I ended up hooking up with a girl i've been crushing on for a long ass time.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Step one: Shower
Step two: Go outside
Step three: ???
Step four: Profit!
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Sry to be mean, but posting on UG won't help.

Also, imdeth, what's your best runtime? And how many times have you beaten it with your best runtime and what're your weapons?
do something really ridiculous and stupid and awesome, then people will either be like OH MAN ITS THE GUY WHO DID THAT THING!! HES AWESOME! or they will be like THAT MADE NO SENSE? then they will forget about you and you are right back where you started as a no-name...so do something awesome and dumb and outgoing and see how it plays out
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Quote by Patty-cakez
Dude, doesn't matter if ur wierd. Find some emo scene chicks. They always think wierd is good. ALWAYS.

This man knows what he's talking about.
Or you could become a serial killer.
Welcome to the club.

Play MMORPGs! It works AND you socialize with people...even if it's online.
Quote by ChordMonger
get smart

the more you know, the more people you can hold an interesting conversation with
~b

I'm full of great conversations if I could just get past the terrified feeling I have around other people.

Quote by Patty-cakez

If emo scene chicks still exist at 22 I would love to find one and have a conversation with one. I like them.

Quote by entity0009
Just cause you socialize more online doesn't mean you are a social reject. Most of the people where I live are utter d**kheads.

I agree with the last part, a lot of people here suck.

And to the guy with the "shower Go to bar and ****" deal:

Personal hygene isn't a problem of mine
Bar going is a weekly event for me
Quote by Tire Me.
Sry to be mean, but posting on UG won't help.

Also, imdeth, what's your best runtime? And how many times have you beaten it with your best runtime and what're your weapons?

I haven't played it in forever. I remember one of my best (bear in mind this was a few years ago and my skills are much, much better now) was around 3 hours on hard.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
And to the guy with the "shower Go to bar and ****" deal:

Personal hygene isn't a problem of mine
Bar going is a weekly event for me

Then you're doing it wrong. Works for millions of people.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Join a gym. Do regular exercise

A) You might get talking to people at the gym

B) Generally getting into better shape etc boosts self esteem and stuff.
Quote by Garou1911
Then you're doing it wrong. Works for millions of people.

Every once in awhile I'll have a conversation with someone at a bar. But that's seldom, I mostly end up just talking with the bartenders. Not that's that is bad, they are pretty cool and all, but nothing leaves that place.

I don't know, I just think it would be nice to have someone to see on a regular basis. Perhaps of the opposite sex too. That would be wonderful.
Sure sounds like it.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Go for lunch with some coworkers, meet the ppl that they know.
Slowhand 03/23/07
The UG Eric Clapton Fan Club

PM clapton-floyd to join
Sorry about this, I guess sometimes I just get pissy about things like this and feel a need to rant on about it.

Sorry.
there are advanteges to ur situation. people aren't judgin u, u dont have to keep track of people, u dont have to keep ur friends happy, u save $. etc.

being more social may help, but it has its problems too. i know plenty of people with tons of friends that are the most lonely people in the world.
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
do something really ridiculous and stupid and awesome, then people will either be like OH MAN ITS THE GUY WHO DID THAT THING!! HES AWESOME! or they will be like THAT MADE NO SENSE? then they will forget about you and you are right back where you started as a no-name...so do something awesome and dumb and outgoing and see how it plays out

THIS....... will not work.

There's nothing wrong with having more friends online than in person. Just be yourself, if you wanna try and get more friends in person. Music is a good way to do this, generally people with the same taste in music, get along fairly well (in my experiences).
go outside... walk around, do something you like.

make small talk with waitresses, waiters store clerks.
(like hi, hows your day)
Quote by razorback_al_31
THIS....... will not work.

There's nothing wrong with having more friends online than in person. Just be yourself, if you wanna try and get more friends in person. Music is a good way to do this, generally people with the same taste in music, get along fairly well (in my experiences).

True, I need to find people who like what I like. But it seems hard. I don't know why it is so hard. I don't think I like things no one else likes, just maybe things that make people harder to find maybe?
You can't get less socially awkward without practice. Also, the second you start showing self-confidence people notice that, and even if you say something or do something awkward, you'll recover a lot faster and everyone will move on.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by EnemyWolf
Experiment with alcohol, marijuana, ecstasy, whatever in public. I was extremely socially awkward since 6th grade until a few months ago. I started smoking weed and met a bunch of people. You will learn how to notice simple things and make big conversations out of them. And you can always talk about fun times you had.

See, my only friends I had that I smoke a **** ton with and were like my best friends moved back to their homes on the other side of the state. So ugh! That blows, I haven't found anyone else who I want to smoke with or anything anymore.
Quote by Patty-cakez

This
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Experiment with alcohol, marijuana, ecstasy, whatever in public. I was extremely socially awkward since 6th grade until a few months ago. I started smoking weed and met a bunch of people. You will learn how to notice simple things and make big conversations out of them. And you can always talk about fun times you had.

No other solution has ever worked for me other than this illicit plant. One thing that all humans have in common is that we all have THC receptors in the brain that need to be stimulated.

I can't emphasis how wrong this is Why would yuou turn to something that could put you into more depression and social arwkwardness (sp)?

Trust me (i know that sounds stupid, tis the pit, no one can be trusted) alcohol, marijuana, ecstasy or anything along those lines WILL NOT HELP
Quote by DoTheEvolution
See, my only friends I had that I smoke a **** ton with and were like my best friends moved back to their homes on the other side of the state. So ugh! That blows, I haven't found anyone else who I want to smoke with or anything anymore.

See, I knew it. Just get a NORML t-shirt or something and go to school, people will notice, and you will soon have a bunch of new people you can hang out with.

Get one like this.

You will occasionally find idiots that want to bash you for smoking, but just tell them "I tried to get high on life, but it got cut with morons."
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by razorback_al_31
I can't emphasis how wrong this is Why would yuou turn to something that could put you into more depression and social arwkwardness (sp)?

Trust me (i know that sounds stupid, tis the pit, no one can be trusted) alcohol, marijuana, ecstasy or anything along those lines WILL NOT HELP

Incorrect.

Alcohol has been a good friend of mine and the only time I have socialized with people. I go to the bar like once or twice a week after work, and I sometimes I have conversations with people for a short time because I'm drunk enough to not really feel as scared as I usually do. I met some really cool people once at the bar, haven't seen them since though. which is sad.
Go shopping, to the gym or whatever and make small talk with people who you think youd like to get to know, worst case, they shrug you off but then youll probably never see them again so it doesnt really matter.

Personally though, i think you should find a hobby that you really enjoy and eventually youll find people who share that hobby.

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by razorback_al_31

Yes it will, well maybe not E because most people don't want to go past basic drugs, but besides the socialization enhancement effects that alcohol and marijuana give, it allows serves as a point for which many people from different backgrounds/personality types/etc. can bond.

Ecstasy will help if you have trouble wanting to talk to a specific person though. Start rolling and it will be easy.

I know the people I smoke with better than my family. It really does allow you to get introspective on many aspects of life that you otherwise would normally be blind to.
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Mar 8, 2009,
Page 1 of 2