whats a good blues pedal for overdriven blues. i have a marshall and i just cant seem to find a good bluesy sound.

ps if u just want to dis marshall dont ****ing say ****
If it's an MG, I'll say you're wasting your money on a pedal when clearly it won't help at all.

In any other instance, I tried out a BOSS Blues Driver not long ago, and it was not bad at all. Probably better options, but it was alright.
Keeley modded BOSS Blues Driver is pretty good...

Otherwise, check out a Fulltone OCD or Fulltone Fulldrive 2.

But seriously get rid of the MG first, it's not good for blues unless you're specifically looking for a really nasty tone. Even then, there are better amps for such a 'nasty' tone.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Do you have an MG though? Because if you do, that $140 could go towards an amp that, in the future, will appreciate your blues pedal more so than the MG.

Just trying to help. Trying to help you get the most bang for your buck.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Do you have an MG though? Because if you do, that $140 could go towards an amp that, in the future, will appreciate your blues pedal more so than the MG.

Just trying to help. Trying to help you get the most bang for your buck.

Ya. Is the MG even tube? I'm pretty sure it's not. In which case an OD would be useless and sound like ass.
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
Ya. Is the MG even tube? I'm pretty sure it's not. In which case an OD would be useless and sound like ass.

No dude, it's SS... very SS. Some might say, the worst SS.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
No dude, it's SS... very SS. Some might say, the worst SS.

Then this kid shouldn't go for an OD. OD+SS=BAD.
Feed your mind.
Why buy a OD pedal for a MG??? Everyone knows it already has CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
i do have an MG. the pedal would def sound bad when the amp is on od abd the pedal, bbut the clean channel is ****ing amazing.
yeah, the MG250DFX the TS has will sound horrid with an OD pedal.

my suggestion? ......needs a new amp.

but if you want an actual pedal suggestion, look up MI Audio OD's. the blues pro is a great, simple pedal while the deluxe is very tweakable.
Quote by SG_Player93
i do have an MG. the pedal would def sound bad when the amp is on od abd the pedal, bbut the clean channel is ****ing amazing.

OD pedals Over Drive the TUBES. SS has no tubes. So it wouldn't work. Either buy a tube amp or get a distortion.
Feed your mind.
Quote by SG_Player93

I hate to burst your bubble, but it really isn't.
Quote by Firebread
OD pedals Over Drive the TUBES. SS has no tubes. So it wouldn't work. Either buy a tube amp or get a distortion.

So sick of hearing this. The only way an OD pedal pushes a tube amp harder is if you have the level set above unity gain. The drive knob on the pedal controls the clipping from the pedal itself. An OD pedal works fine on a SS amp.
The only overdrive pedal i've actually liked on a SS amp is the Digitech Screamin blues.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
The only overdrive pedal i've actually liked on a SS amp is the Digitech Screamin blues.

This, and the BD-2 is pretty decent, too.

To Firebread: OD pedals are, in fact, distortion pedals. What people use them for, in general though, is as a boost, which does not work well with SS amps. If you run the gain moderately high, and the level low, it's like an extra pre-amp.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
So sick of hearing this. The only way an OD pedal pushes a tube amp harder is if you have the level set above unity gain. The drive knob on the pedal controls the clipping from the pedal itself. An OD pedal works fine on a SS amp.

Dammit, beat to the point by 5 minutes
Quote by Firebread

i will agree with you that an OD wont make his MG sound good. however you, like 99% of people that post here, have no clue what an OD pedal does, or what it "was made for."

an od pedal CLIPS THE SIGNAL OF YOUR GUITAR GOING TO YOUR AMP. It was designed to EMULATE THE SOUND OF AN OVERDRIVEN AMP. it does not magically give you tube break up while having your amp at bedroom levels.

there are only 2 differences between od pedals and distortion pedals, number one difference is the name, number two difference is the degree to which the pedal clips your signal.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.