my question is how do i make killer leads like say alexi laiho and synyster gates my solos workout pretty good but my tapping and sweeps are limited i want to mix it up can anyone give me any ideas for arpeggios and which scales to use of metal solos, also is it every 3rd note in a scale can be a note in a arpeggio thanks
You spend years practising and learning.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
There seems to be many threads that answer your questions. Just yesterday someone asked about what scales work with metal. Just search.
Quote by partyboy92
my question is how do i make killer leads like say alexi laiho and synyster gates
Start phrasing them.
Quote by partyboy92
my solos workout pretty good but my tapping and sweeps are limited i want to mix it upcan anyone give me any ideas for arpeggios and which scales to use of metal solos,
Classic metal solos use pentatonics and won't use arpeggios very often. Blues is very influential in classic metal, so bluesier phrasing is a must. It's distinguishable mostly by heavy distortion and for being a little more aggressive than regular blues.
I don't know much about modern metal, since I don't listen to it and I definitely won't play it.
Quote by partyboy92
also is it every 3rd note in a scale can be a note in a arpeggio thanks
Not really. Arpeggios are just the notes of a chord played sequentially instead of at the same time. So if you were to play a C major arpeggio you would play a C then an E then a G then a C and so on.

Also, in future, could you please use proper grammar and spelling when posting in MT. MT is a very different forum to the pit.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Of all the millions of answers I could attempt to give you, I'm going to pick one. Don't play useless notes. Let your music breath, listen to what you want to hear, and then try to play it. Don't just sweep dimished arpeggios because you can, sweep dimished arpeggios because you want to hear them.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.