so we finally got our first gig set up. were either using my 65 watt crate amp or my friends 75 watt line 6 for me. which one? and neither are tube, is it bad to gig with a solid state?
Depends how big a gig and I recommend the Crate, cause the Line 6 is destined to sound like crap.
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*

My babies:

Epiphone Les Paul (Honeyburst)
Fender MiM Strat (Classic Black/White)
Epiphone Riviera (Wine Red)
Quote by physicsdummy
Depends how big a gig and I recommend the Crate, cause the Line 6 is destined to sound like crap.

its at a small venue
Is the Line 6 a Spider series? I wouldn't gig with the spider, but idk much about the crate.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Any specific models on the Crate so I can help you out more?
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*

My babies:

Epiphone Les Paul (Honeyburst)
Fender MiM Strat (Classic Black/White)
Epiphone Riviera (Wine Red)
The Spider I have is fine for a decent size room and sounds fine. Your guitar, pickups and how you set the amp also play a big part into the sound, guys.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
dude!!! i have a 65 watt crate rfx amp!!! we should be friends!!! lol

seriously. i play all my gigs with them also the other guitarist has the same amp it works great.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unnecessary+motivation

thats all live stuff of ours using the crate rfx 65.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Crate is most likely better than the Line 6. It's alright to gig with a Solid State. I gig with a Marshall 8100, and it's a valve state, so it has a tube preamp and a solid state power amp. It's beefy.
i have gtd65 but it has some feedback the line 6 doesnt. we are using a boss me-50 or something. does it have a noise gate?
Quote by mick13
i have gtd65 but it has some feedback the line 6 doesnt. we are using a boss me-50 or something. does it have a noise gate?

i would use the crate. your most likely practicing in a small space and have to turn up in order to hear over the drums, right?

if so you'll prolly have to turn down so feedback wont be much of a problem, just kill the volume when your not playing and you should be fine.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.