Tonight, I hooked up my new JCM 800 to my Deville 4x12. It sounded like heaven, or something out of SRV's collection. I'm wondering, is this messing up anything with the amps? The only popping is when I turn off/on the standby switches at the wrong time. The JCM is a 2205 50watt and the Fender is a Tweed 60watt. I really appreciate any help. Also, I am planning on getting the JCM serviced this week, as it is old and I have been having volume problems (volume cutting out/ amp not playing at full power). Will my daisy chaining have any effect on the new tubes that are going in the head?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Sorry, I can only record with tape. But I'll check the ohms out. Does the cabinet ohms matter? (with the Fender, not the MArshall) That Marshall head can put out 4, 8, & 16, and the cab the same. How can I find the ohms of the Fender? Also, it has a Pre-Amp Out/ Power-Amp In input. Would it help to use these? I have it like this:
Guitar-->Ibanez TS-808-->Dunlop Crybaby Classic-->Fender-->Marshall JCM 800 head--> JCM 900 Cab (1960 A)
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
The head is flexible. A cab (combo) is usually not. It's pre-wired a certain way. I would look up the ohm spec on your Deville. I don't want to guess. Yes they need to match.

If completely unsure the best way is to get a mulimeter for $10-20 and check. Plug an instrument cable into the combo speaker in (that's what you are going right?) and measure the tip of the other end.

wait a second, are you running from one amp into the input of another amp, or are you running them in stereo, or are you running one of them through the speakers of the other?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.