Me and the boys in my band want to get one of these things for our live show but we don't exactly know what they're called. One of those things that when triggered it lets out a BOOM (like that of a sub woofer in a car). I'm guessing its a drum que of some sort. Any input?
get an electric drum pad and a drum module and hook it into a bass amp. its one of the bass drum settings (its called an 808 or a bass drop). my drummer has one for when we cover "feeling this"
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Those are 808 samples. Samples of the kick drum of the classic Roland TR-808 drum machine, which is basically a pure sine wave. What you do is you cut off the attack part of the kick and you can repitch the rest and do whatever you like. Triggering them can be done through pretty much any kind of sampler (software or hardware).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^ are there any other ways to do it? Our bassist only has one amp and I've always thought it was a drum pad that went straight to the house system.
you would be better off running it through the PA than a bass amp anyway.
that is of course if you have subs for the PA.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
get that sound, it doesnt matter if its on a drum pad, a computer, or even an ipod, then put that into the PA.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.