It seems like my pot's now cut off insted of fade I did just put in a new push pull switch I was wondering if I could have messed them up somehow? + I know I wired it right I've been over it like a hundred times and tested it with my multimeter
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
Last edited by WyldeMan666 at Mar 9, 2009,
Thier all the pots that came with the guitar except the one I replaced and I bought it from a guitar catalog 500k pushpull, is it possible to damage a pot with to much heat from a soildering iron?
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
Last edited by WyldeMan666 at Mar 9, 2009,
yes, it's possible. Not probable, though. You'd have to do some serious work on that sucker.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Quote by WyldeMan666
Thier all the pots that came with the guitar except the one I replaced and I bought it from a guitar catalog 500k pushpull, is it possible to damage a pot with to much heat from a soildering iron?

It is VERY possible! Very easy to an inexperience solder-er. I've ruined a push pull when i was first starting. You can make the switch not work anymore, destroy tapers and wipers, and the resistive element.It's better to use high heat, and not stay on the pot shell long at all. But, also, it depends on what type of pot you have. If you don't like it, replace it, what can i say>?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
well I never just keep my iron on it i've been soildering long enough to know that plus the push pull still works it just has like a cut off point insted of a fade when you turn it down
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
Last edited by WyldeMan666 at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by dz_alias
What's the resistance of your capacitor?

was this question made to make sense

TS, if you know you did nothing wrong, and it's the right type, as of audio,linear, or reversed,

than what can i tell you? Don't like it, it takes 5 bucks to change it.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
the resistance level is .047 i think but I used the one that was in there already ill check it out but the reason I said im sure I wired it right is because I checked it all with my multi-meter its just I dont like the effect it gives from alot of volume or treble to none what so ever as far if thier audio,linear, or reversed ill ask rondomusic.com cause its thier parts and its not labled on the pots, so before I buy all new pots and go though the trouble of completly redoing the job could it be just the compacitor ?
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
Last edited by WyldeMan666 at Mar 11, 2009,
First off, capacitors do not have resistance, or if so, inmeasureable to a DMM pretty much..
They have capacitance..which is measured in farads...and has equivilent series resistance..

And I own an Agile, the pots i have are decent, and labeled. Does it has an A, B, or C labeled on the back of the pot? Yes, that actually means something. That will tell you the type of pot. You won't need ALL new pots, you could use one, or two, or upgrade them all! It should be a pretty fast job to be honest...

It doesn't give an effect. Are you sure you soldered the correct parts to the correct lugs on the pot? Because the capacitor, if perfect, will bleed off a bit of trebel, so more bass comes through. Unless something is cooked, I don't understand why it wouldn't work..

Wanna give me some pics to take a look at your work?
Quote by Invader Jim
ok the pots are A500k they say alpha on them aswell sorry my camera isnt good enough to get a close up but ill show you the diagram I used http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUHH3T2206 I got my electronics teacher to look at it the only thing we could come up with is the capacitors bad or wrong for my new pot, think it would be ok to replace it with one from a strat I took apart they were 500k also
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
Last edited by WyldeMan666 at Mar 12, 2009,