I was just playing my Peavey Valveking 112 on the clean channel when I hear a humming noise start to get louder and louder and then a pop and then the amp shut off, the light on it and everything. I tried turning the switches on and off and then unplugging it and plugging it back in but that didn't work. I also smells burnt in the area that the power cord goes into the amp and it is pretty hot.
I got this thing less than a year ago so this would be very unfortunate...
possibly a loose wire or a blown fuse. Either one needs an amp tech.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Sounds like you had power tube 'red plating' or an electrical arc....don't fuk with it. Take it to an amp shop.

Seriously.

How old is your amp?

Less than a year as far as I know. I bought it last summer new.
I'd just disconnect it from the power, and take out the component tray (Don't touch ANYTHING), just see if you can figure out what it was, if it's a fuse, just get a new one, if something arced, take it to a tech to fix, unless your keen on fixing it yourself.

Edit: Also check if any of the valves are blackened.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
actually, I could tell you to check the 'mains' fuse accessible from the back panel (green) and make sure all your tubes are seated correctly but

the burning smell is not good....take it in

Did you buy from store or on-line?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
use warranty.

don't turn again.

Exactly. The thing should still be under warranty - don't try checking anything yourself because 99% of the time that will void the warranty. Just take it to an authorized Peavey dealer asap and let them handle it.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Exactly. The thing should still be under warranty - don't try checking anything yourself because 99% of the time that will void the warranty. Just take it to an authorized Peavey dealer asap and let them handle it.

Yeah, if you can get it free, take it to a tech, if only just to annoy them.
But if it'll cost you just check all the simple stuff.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
And if you blew a fuse. Keep in mind that's just a red flag for something else being broken.

In other words: don't put in a new fuse and turn it on. Until you find out what caused the fuse to blow.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
And if you blew a fuse. Keep in mind that's just a red flag for something else being broken.

In other words: don't put in a new fuse and turn it on. Until you find out what caused the fuse to blow.

Holy crap, someone else who understands.

Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Well I described the problem to an amp tech and he said it was probably something with a DC arc and the electricity went straight to the speakers...
But the good news is the amp is still under warranty. The speakers could have blown and aren't under warranty though. Oh well I hear its a good idea to get a different speaker for it anyway.
Quote by rockr09
Well I described the problem to an amp tech and he said it was probably something with a DC arc and the electricity went straight to the speakers...
But the good news is the amp is still under warranty. The speakers could have blown and aren't under warranty though. Oh well I hear its a good idea to get a different speaker for it anyway.

That BS. the speaker is part of the amp. If its completely stock than it falls under warranty. The guy is just trying to make some money from your misfortune. To make sure just send a mail directly to Peaveys customer support. But I'm pretty sure it falls under warranty.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2