I just recently purchased a bugera 4x12 cab
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG412HBK

and a line 6 valve head.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-Valve-HD100-100W-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=487071

i connected it with one speaker cable to the 16 OHM output and it sounds alright, nothing special. Its also just as loud as the 40 watt combo that i AB'd it against however the head is 100 watts!

My friend said that if i plug it into the 8OHm slot its gonna sound better and will def be louder. It says that the cab supports an 8 ohm 2x100 watt setting. Does that mean i need 2 speaker cables so i can run it in what im assuming to be stero mode? will it sound better/louder?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Match Head To Cab

Period.

Sounds like it is either 8 or 16 ohms. I didn't click on the links. Just match please.

yeah the head is flexible it can do 16 or 8 and so can the cab.

My question is will 8 ohm stero be louder than 16 ohm mono?

will it also sound better/tighter/brighter?
Quote by hotdog_warmcat
16 ohm mono

Stereo usually takes two inputs.

i know stereo takes 2 inputs but my question is....

will 8 ohms stereo be louder than 16 ohms mono?
It wont get louder no. The amp is 100 watts. Its 100 watts into 1 16 ohm speaker cab or 2 8 ohm or whatever. The manual says you can connect 1 8 ohm cab or 2 16 ohm to the 8 ohm output. Plugging a single 16 ohm cab into the 8 ohm tap will cause problems. Your friend may be thinking car stereo amp ideas. A SS car amp might be 2x50 stereo and 1x100 in mono and changing the ohms can increase SS output. But doesnt work with tubes.
Quote by Tackleberry
It wont get louder no. The amp is 100 watts. Its 100 watts into 1 16 ohm speaker cab or 2 8 ohm or whatever. The manual says you can connect 1 8 ohm cab or 2 16 ohm to the 8 ohm output. Plugging a single 16 ohm cab into the 8 ohm tap will cause problems. Your friend may be thinking car stereo amp ideas. A SS car amp might be 2x50 stereo and 1x100 in mono and changing the ohms can increase SS output. But doesnt work with tubes.

why cant i run my head in the 8 ohm position going into my cab in 8 ohm stereo 2x100 watt?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Because you don't have two cabs.

what this guy said
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars