take a ruler and measure in cm from your index to your pinky, coz guitarists would probably be around 16-20cm span.
17cm now we should measure dick size so i dont feel as small!
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
21 cm and I'm a shorter fella... I doubt the average is 16-20 for men. 22-28 is much more likely.
i got fifteen and that was stretching really hard. My entire handspan (thumb to pinky) is only 20cm
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
22.5cm, which is rediculous for me. I have huge hands except my pinky, which is tiny.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
15cm if I really really stretch. 13.5cm for a comfortable stretch.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
I dont know how to measure in cm or inches or anything else but I used to have a 7 fret span from 1st fret. Now its only 5 frets. Thats how I measure my span!!
24cm

EDIT: 19cm index to pinky
I'm only 5'10"...but I have really long, skinny fingers.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Mar 10, 2009,
I reached about 19-20cm, and I have long skinny fingers.. the people saying they can reach 22 and over cm's.. how tall are you guys? Im 6'1, i'd imagine anyone who had hands that much bigger than mine would have to be pretty big
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Mar 10, 2009,
19cm between fingers.

I'm 5'11 and i've got massive palms, but really short fingers. My palms are 4 and 3 1/4 inches wide at the widest point, but my little fingers' only about 2 inches long.
15 cm

i hate not being able to stretch further, been playing about 3 years and don't think i'll ever manage anymore. beginning to cause some issues when wanting to play some things!