**I couldnt find exactly what I wanted with the search bar...if you do find something plz dont flame me**

I've decided to get myself a Gibson les paul because I just love it.
Ive been slaving for the past 3 months full time for the dough ...

My choices were originally either the 2008 les paul standard or an older standard (probably 2005-2007) with 60's slim neck.
But then i checked out the prices and i thought the 2008 standard in canada is like 2900 bucks...why not get a Gibson custom for only a few hundred more.

What do you guys think?? which les paul should I get.
If I do decide to go for a custom, it'll most likely be a 1960 VOS or reissue (slim neck I like).

Last thing, whats the difference between a reissue and a VOS (vintage original spec).

THank you ALL!
27mMoV31II7.a2
As long as you're shelling out a lot of hard-earned cash, go for the gold. Get the best guitar you can and enjoy it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
try to find a custom used first...
If you're lucky you could find one for 1500.

and then you have 1500 more to spend on a used custom shop strat : )
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by tona_107
try to find a custom used first...
If you're lucky you could find one for 1500.

and then you have 1500 more to spend on a used custom shop strat : )

Im not a fan of buying used expensive guitars because if something happens im screwed eh.
But ya ive definately seen some awesome deals on craigslist.
some guy was selling a Gibson slash VOS for 1500 Canadian! ..Im gonna check it out soon
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
Im not a fan of buying used expensive guitars because if something happens im screwed eh.
some guy was selling a Gibson slash VOS for 1500 Canadian! ..Im gonna check it out soon

that's true.
i bought my 1000 dollar amp on ebay
prob not the best move i know...
Quote by Antimage27

Used expensive gear is the BOMB. It cuts you a third of the price man. For that difference you could go and have a look at the quality and pick it up yourself.

Same reason, why would you ever buy a new car? For 11.000 you have a ****ty small car with three doors and very little loading space; for 5,000 you get a super deluxe high class car (Ford Tauros! El Camino! etc) and from a dealer so you have warranty also.

^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I'm confused... What is there about a guitar that you really want a warranty for?

Check over a used guitar carefully (maybe even bring it to a good tech) and you won't have any worries. Then you've got a lot of money to just sit on for a while.
Don't forget to play your potential new guitar a lot before purchasing, don't wanna pick up a lemon forking out that kinda cash.
Nothing is wrong with used gear if you know what to look for. But kudos man for busting your arse and getting something you've wanted for a while. Its rewarding, although some people will flame you for doing such. Rock on!
Quote by Antimage27

Quote by bornfidelity
Used expensive gear is the BOMB. It cuts you a third of the price man. For that difference you could go and have a look at the quality and pick it up yourself.

Same reason, why would you ever buy a new car? For 11.000 you have a ****ty small car with three doors and very little loading space; for 5,000 you get a super deluxe high class car (Ford Tauros! El Camino! etc) and from a dealer so you have warranty also.

^^

This. Unfortunatley in these times of financial hardship, people are looking to offload those expensive impulse buys they made when times were good, so it's probably a good time to buy.

Did I say "Unfortunately"?

I meant "Awesomely"

P.S. A candian who ends his sentences in "Eh"? I thought that only happened in South Park.
I have a 2008 Standard. It's an amazing guitar. The neck is a bit different so make sure to try it out first. I think its a bit more confortable than my Studio on the first frets. I also like the pickups. It also has a few other nice features like straplocks which aren't on most of the Gibsons (yet). I bought mine new. I believe Gibson's warrantee is limited lifetime on the body an a year or two on electronics. You only get this if you buy new.
And the car analogy is wrong. Cars go down in price. Gibsons increase as they get more than ten years old.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x