Topic. I've heard good things about these guitars, and I've heard bad things. My basic impression of them is that they're the Studio models by Gibson equivalent for Fender. Can someone shed some light on this? I'm basically wondering about the quality of the wood, particularly the body, because all the other **** I can just pull out. Also, do they accept USA-sized tremolos with the different screw hole distances to the MIM trems (hope that made sense...).

Cheers.
Just get a cheaper and better MIM like the Roadhouse.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
^I don't know where I heard it, but I think I heard bad things of the Roadhouse strats too. But I'm basically just wondering about the wood of the body and if it will sound good because everything else can be scraped (see sig, I'm obviously looking for a body).
I'm not sure where you heard the bad things about the Roadhouses, I've heard nothing but good stuff about them(What I would've bought if I had bought new). But yeah, the woods are the lower-end slabs of alder, maple and rosewood on some to be used on US Fenders. Again, get a MIM with higher-quality stuffs.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
I'm not sure where you heard the bad things about the Roadhouses, I've heard nothing but good stuff about them(What I would've bought if I had bought new). But yeah, the woods are the lower-end slabs of alder, maple and rosewood on some to be used on US Fenders. Again, get a MIM with higher-quality stuffs.

Isn't the spacing for the tremolo screws different for a MIM? Like MIAs are 2 3/16 or something, aren't MIMs different, and therefore I'd have to buy inferior hardware (that's what most people say about MIMs: when it comes to wood, its just a piece of wood, but its the hardware where Fender make their savings. Is this right?)
Quote by kenan6346
Isn't the spacing for the tremolo screws different for a MIM? Like MIAs are 2 3/16 or something, aren't MIMs different, and therefore I'd have to buy inferior hardware (that's what most people say about MIMs: when it comes to wood, its just a piece of wood, but its the hardware where Fender make their savings. Is this right?)

The Standards, Squiers, Roadhouse and Lonestar Strats have metric spacing.

You can easily tell by looking at the screws on the tremelo.

Metric tremolo.

Regular tremolo.

Notice how the screws are closer together on the metric tremolo?
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.