I was thinking about running a mesa rect pre through the fx loop of a orange rockerverb 50. any thoughts?????????
That would probably work but seems like a lot of hassle...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
not a bad idea, but the mesa would be like a huge, hard to power pedal just to get two channels. (mesa on/dirty. mesa off/clean)

Isn't the rockerverb dual channel anyway?
Quote by evil_in_you
not a bad idea, but the mesa would be like a huge, hard to power pedal just to get two channels. (mesa on/dirty. mesa off/clean)

It would be worth it if you wanted the tones from both.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by evil_in_you

Isn't the rockerverb dual channel anyway?

Through the FX loop means you only need to get an AB Box and you can effectively have 4 channels. It sounds like a great idea.
i can still use the dirty channel when the rect if running through the fx loop right??? i could prolly mix and match some sweet tones......?
eh... I wouldn't do it. But to each his own. Get you a good power amp and run it through there and A/b the two if you want both types of tones. It may sound like garbage if you run it through the orange.
Why would it? Running it in the FX loop is effectively bypassing the preamp, leaving you with a 6L6 Power amp section.

I'm not sure, but I think you could even use two channels at the same time.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Why would it? Running it in the FX loop is effectively bypassing the preamp, leaving you with a 6L6 Power amp section.

I'm not sure, but I think you could even use two channels at the same time.

Running it through the fx loop makes it come after the pre amp. Pre amp is still going to come through your power amp though right? So how are you going to cancel out the orange pre amp? Putting it in the fx loop won't cancel the orange pre amp it'll just come after it. It'll still be meshed.
A/B box. You plug the guitar into both preamps, the verb and the rec, then route the signal to one or the other.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
A/B box. You plug the guitar into both preamps, the verb and the rec, then route the signal to one or the other.

hmm interesting. Might have to try that.
i really dont like the idea of running both stereo. mainly because, well what if i want to go from clean to dirty? i gotta hit two foot switches. i guess i sound lazy but i dont want to be tap dancing with two feet all the time. it will drive me crazy. i've heard about ppl running pre amps through fx loops and getting good results. i have a friend who works at a big music store saying it will work great and i've read about pros on the net doing it. i was gonna prolly buy a 2:100 power amp anyways and buy a triaxis and a jmp just to have them and toy with.
You don't have to tap dance if you get a halfway decent Midi controller and a halfway decent switching system.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM