so i recently got tonsilitis and from that glandular fever

and i started feeling the symptoms 1-2 days after smoking weed.....

this has happened once before and i got tonsilitis a few days after smoking.

so can you get tonsilitis from smoking weed?????
it's possible, occasionally weed is contaminated with various crap like that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Smoking weed makes tonsillitis awesome.

I dunno, I got mine out at 4 years old. I smoke weed all tghe tiem.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
it's possible, occasionally weed is contaminated with various crap like that.

but could bacteria/viruses survive the heat from smoking it?
Quote by Godsmack_IV

I don't know if they do this where you live but here they spray it with silicone, grit and all types of stuff to make it weigh more.
Quote by Godsmack_IV

some can, especially if they aren't immediately exposed to an open flame (i.e. if you where smoking a joint)

Quote by Greenie_777
I don't know if they do this where you live but here they spray it with silicone, grit and all types of stuff to make it weigh more.

noone here (except maybe some very stupid or desperate people) would even consider buying weed that appeared to be sprayed with chemicals or mixed with various crap.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 9, 2009,
wow. thats weird.

chronic tonsilitits might be your plight good sir.

and where the HELL do YOU live Greenie???? you wouldn't survive doing that stuff in FL.

COMEDY! PROGRESSIVE! PUNK!

Quote by darkrikku

MY SETUP
ESP Ltd. F-100FM
DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
John Pearse #2500 Strings
Crate GTX65
Behringer Ultrastack BG412H
Quote by Greenie_777

Rarely done here, only heard about it happen once, most of the stuff you mentioned is really bad for you but probably won't give you tonsillitis.

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
some can, especially if they aren't immediately exposed to an open flame (i.e. if you where smoking a joint)

on second thought, maybe cig packs aren't the best choice of material for filters...
wait maybe i shoulda explained the circumstances

the first time this happened was about a year ago and i smoked weed on school camp.....it was a ****ing three day trip into hell, we went canoeing on the open ocean......

and the second time was a few weeks ago and i smoked and then had a saw throat alllllll week
then i got ****ing off my head that weekend and whilst i was dealing with my hangover my throat started to hurt.....and then all of a sudden i got ****ing tonsilitis and then glandular fever.......

but can the weed contibute to the sore throats all week leading to getting tonsilitis?
oh and btw i smoke often
Last edited by geetar_man0 at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by geetar_man0
so i recently got tonsilitis and from that glandular fever

and i started feeling the symptoms 1-2 days after smoking weed.....

this has happened once before and i got tonsilitis a few days after smoking.

so can you get tonsilitis from smoking weed?????

No, tonsilitis is caused by either a bacterial or a viral infection, smoking (anything, not just dope) could irritate it but it would not be the actual cause of the infection.
no i went to the docs and everything

had blood tests and i had tonilitis AND glandular fever at the same time

mum was like wtf...when i couldnt ****ing move and my temp was through the roof
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
noone here (except maybe some very stupid or desperate people) would even consider buying weed that appeared to be sprayed with chemicals or mixed with various crap.
Sorry to dissillusion you, but unless you have a mate that grows it you can almost guarantee that whatever you are buying has had some crap added to it to bulk it out - you'll probably never know unless you test it in a lab, or get ill from it.

And TS, if you aren't used to smoking you might have just hurt your throat form the smoke, and weakened it so you caught tonsillitis. Or someone you were sharing a spliff with might have had tonsillitis and given it to you.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

You say that but here sometimes that's all you can get and so people will buy it. I'm not gonna lie, I still buy it if there is no alternative. It's quite annoying to find out that it seems to be a British problem rather than worldwide.
Quote by zhilla
Sorry to dissillusion you, but unless you have a mate that grows it you can almost guarantee that whatever you are buying has had some crap added to it to bulk it out - you'll probably never know unless you test it in a lab, or get ill from it.

Sorry, but I don't live in England, and I'll tell you this doesn't happen here very often.

Last.fm
Quote by geetar_man0
wait maybe i shoulda explained the circumstances

the first time this happened was about a year ago and i smoked weed on school camp.....it was a ****ing three day trip into hell, we went canoeing on the open ocean......

and the second time was a few weeks ago and i smoked and then had a saw throat alllllll week
then i got ****ing off my head that weekend and whilst i was dealing with my hangover my throat started to hurt.....and then all of a sudden i got ****ing tonsilitis and then glandular fever.......

but can the weed contibute to the sore throats all week leading to getting tonsilitis?
oh and btw i smoke often

Weed can't cause tonsillitis by itself, but the smoke can be pretty harsh (Especially if you're not used to smoking), and could surely exacerbate conditions like a sore throat.

That being said, it's more than likely a coincidence. It definitely won't cause any of it on it's own, but it's still inhaling smoke.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Well, smoke weed.

If symptoms immediately follow blazing, say no to weed.

Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Weed can't cause tonsillitis by itself, but the smoke can be pretty harsh (Especially if you're not used to smoking), and could surely exacerbate conditions like a sore throat.

That being said, it's more than likely a coincidence. It definitely won't cause any of it on it's own, but it's still inhaling smoke.

Christ man, you're back?
last.fm[/url}
Quote by geetar_man0

oh and btw i smoke often

Then it's highly unlikely to be the cause because if it was, you'd have tonsilitis often too.
Quote by HelpTravesty

Christ man, you're back?

I never really left, I get on whenever I have free time, but thanks to full-time University, near Full-time work, a Full-time band, and a girlfriend that counts as at least 2 or 3 full time jobs, I don't really have much of that anymore.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Last edited by UndeadPaperclip at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by Greenie_777

Yeah, that's generally done by the most shady dealers though.
Luckily, here in Ye Aulde Netherlands you don't have that problem once you're 18 and can buy it legally.

But I think the OP's problem is a very VERY disturbing coincidence.
Quote by Greenie_777
You say that but here sometimes that's all you can get and so people will buy it. I'm not gonna lie, I still buy it if there is no alternative. It's quite annoying to find out that it seems to be a British problem rather than worldwide.

Don't feel too bad, it probably happens in other areas where you can't get away with growing weed on highway medians too.

Last.fm
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I never really left, I get on whenever I have free time, but thanks to full-time University, near Full-time work, and a Full-time band, I don't really have much of that anymore.

Oh well howdy either way man.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by MarauderNL
Yeah, that's generally done by the most shady dealers though.
Luckily, here in Ye Aulde Netherlands you don't have that problem once you're 18 and can buy it legally.

Jammy!
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I never really left, I get on whenever I have free time, but thanks to full-time University, near Full-time work, a Full-time band, and a girlfriend that counts as at least 2 or 3 full time jobs, I don't really have much of that anymore.

been there done that, make sure uni comes first. the others tend to take over.