I have of lae noticed a massive hole in my musicianship, which happens to by rhythm. now i have been using the system of 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + etc and 1 e a 2 e a etc. but there has for the month i have put a focus on this been little improvement. does anyone know of a better system of thinking about rhythm or something that could help? Rhythm is to the point of actually holding back my playing.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by roosoh13
"Ok folks, our in flight movie will be a series of sex tapes your parents have made"

Quote by coryklok
I'd hit that like Carmel hits the ban button.
heyy! i'm not really sure what you mean by "1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + etc and 1 e a 2 e a etc" but i know quite some people with problems in rhythms. ofcourse the most basic thing you can do i tap your foot with the things you play, or the things you hear. play with a metronome and follow the beat. what kind of music do you play? and how long have you been playing?
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
ENGL 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VH
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
try accenting your notes on 16th note runs.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
^well, on the first beat of the measure

by the way! this is really good for rhythm as well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ZEB664aB4 check it out it's pretty tough but start slow and you'll make it. i know some more video's for rhythm, i'll look them up
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
ENGL 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VH
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010