I dunno what's wrong with me or music today but I've been struggling to find new music that does it for me. You know when you hear a band you've never heard before and it blows you mind and you go "Woah! Holy ****! That's amazing! I want all thier albums!" -that feeling? I haven't felt that in a while, and it's been getting me down. The last band that did that for me was Sonic Youth, who I only discovered last year, but anyways...
I mostly play acoustic and I'm always looking for new music to inspire me, particularly acoustic stuff. I really dig the unplugged Alice in Chains and Nirvana, and I'm looking for similiar stuff but I can't find anything. I heard a bit of Days of the New Orange and that was rad, but I live in South Africa which is a ****in cultural backwater, so i couldn't get the album ( I could only get the second album and it was crap.) That Seether "One Cold Night" was pretty cool too. And Rodrigo y Gabriella are awesome. Anyways if anyone could suggest some kickass heavy, grungy, alternativey acoustic guitar music to me that would be rad. thanks!
Not really heavy as such but try Newton Faulkner as his stuff is really weird and wacky. He can play guitar and use it like a drum at the same time!
Quote by Nigi5K
I could only get the second album and it was crap

agreed, i would recommend the 3rd one though (red)...it sounds more like the original sound they wanted from the 1st album - plus it has some nice orchestral bits
The D!
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Yeah, something I said once was epic, I have proof:
Quote by bowdyyz69
aha that was epic

Also:
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I was hoping for robotsex.
Screw context.
Yeah Opeth, haha, but you'll need the Damnation album, if you're not really into the normal Opeth sound (which has a lot of cool acoustic things in it as well though). Also check out the cd Acoustic Samurai from Paul Gilbert, has acoustic shredding :P
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
ENGL 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VH
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
Thanks man, listening to that Newton Faulkner guy on MySpace right now. It ain't heavy but it's really cool, especially his cover of "Teardrop".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k amazing as well, although not what you're looking for i think :P it IS mindblowing though, at least to me xD just popped in my mind cause it's acoustic :P
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
ENGL 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VH
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by Nigi5K
Thanks man, listening to that Newton Faulkner guy on MySpace right now. It ain't heavy but it's really cool, especially his cover of "Teardrop".

If you like newton faulkner, try out erik mongrain, a french-canadian guitarist that does a similar thing.
Try the artists signed to candyrat. yes i know i completely ignored you.
but check your fave bands, and see if they have acoustic versions
Incubus is one band that does great heavy stuff, and when they adapt to Acoustic it just sounds awesome.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Quote by Nigi5K
I dunno what's wrong with me or music today but I've been struggling to find new music that does it for me. You know when you hear a band you've never heard before and it blows you mind and you go "Woah! Holy ****! That's amazing! I want all thier albums!" -that feeling? I haven't felt that in a while, and it's been getting me down. The last band that did that for me was Sonic Youth, who I only discovered last year, but anyways...
I mostly play acoustic and I'm always looking for new music to inspire me, particularly acoustic stuff. I really dig the unplugged Alice in Chains and Nirvana, and I'm looking for similiar stuff but I can't find anything. I heard a bit of Days of the New Orange and that was rad, but I live in South Africa which is a ****in cultural backwater, so i couldn't get the album ( I could only get the second album and it was crap.) That Seether "One Cold Night" was pretty cool too. And Rodrigo y Gabriella are awesome. Anyways if anyone could suggest some kickass heavy, grungy, alternativey acoustic guitar music to me that would be rad. thanks!

Aah, I understand completely what you mean! For me, anyway, I've found that as life progresses, it's become harder and harder to feel inspired like that. I guess it's the result of being exposed to more stuff as you grow wiser in the world, or some kind of sappy idea like that.

As for "heavy" acoustic music, all I can think of under that category at the moment is Jane's Addiction. However, for a very soft, gentle experience, Tommy Emmanuel - Angelina is quite an emotional song. I know that it's the exact opposite of what you're requesting, but perhaps exploring new genres and sounds is what you need to break yourself out of this bored phase.
Jane's addiction do acoustic stuff? Cool, didn't know that. Just went out and bought Opeth's "Damnation", thanks Esparcia! Also didn't know Incubus did much acoustic stuff, that's rad! Thanks for all the suggestions, keep 'em coming!
Might not be your taste but this guy rocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvEuiW7DflY
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
By heavy, do you mean grunge or hard rock? Or just clean and fast? There are some great videos in the link in my sig. Also, check this out, its an instrumental, with the exception of one line in the beginning from Snoop Dog. Brad Paisley, Kentucky Jelly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ycePKqc-xo
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Millerdrr, I mean more like hard rock and grunge, not so much clean and fast. But I'm open to suggestion.
Quote by Nigi5K
Jane's addiction do acoustic stuff? Cool, didn't know that. Just went out and bought Opeth's "Damnation", thanks Esparcia! Also didn't know Incubus did much acoustic stuff, that's rad! Thanks for all the suggestions, keep 'em coming!

Hmm, I haven't heard that much of their music, but they definitely have acoustic songs! Try Jane Says, for example.
Give Ludo a shot. AFAIK they only have 1 album out, "You're Awful, I Love You". Not sure about the heavy part, then again I'm not too sure about heavy acoustic anyway.

The new Opeth, Watershed, is IMHO their best yet. Complete with an awesome cover of All Along the Watchtower.