Thinking about getting on very soon. Has anyone ever played one? Are these good amps? What can you tell me about it? I play modern to hard rock. I have an ESP EC1000.
I'm thinking about trading my Randall w/ four pre-amp modules for it, fair trade?
Quote by mwalluk
I'm thinking about trading my Randall w/ four pre-amp modules for it, fair trade?

Aw, that would be a shame to let the Randall go. Didn't like the vibe at all?

But in all fairness, the Trem-O-Verb is a versatile amp.
What modules do you have in your Randall?

What don't you like about it?

The Randall is a much better amp imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Not a fan of the weight, literally like 100 pds. I have the clean, plexi, SL+ and XTC mods. Had over 8 mods and all sound almost exactly the same for me.
Always wanted a Mesa too. I need a good clean and a great distortion. I play mainly Modern rock to hard rock, need an am that can give me that chugga chugga
Interesting.

I agree though, the SL+ and XTC sound very similar, I prefer the SL+ though so I got rid of the XTC. I'd highly recommend you try out an UltraXL if you haven't already, and get rid of that clean for a JTM or a Blackface or something

You might end up liking the Mesa more, but having owned a ton of Mesas, the Randall is the better amp for what I want. And you could most likely find someone to at least trade you the UltraXL for one of your other modules, doesn't hurt to try!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I also figured if I need to resell the Mesa It'll have a better resell value, the Randall's are hard to selll for some reason
I own the combo and it's pretty versatile. It's tighter than the other dual rectifier brothers, but in the end I still need a boost to get it right. Cleans are amazing.
Looking at your sig, I personally think that the 1x12 cab you have is hindering that Randall's overall performance. If you have a 2x12, or a 4x12, you'd hear a difference imo.
Quote by AiC75
Looking at your sig, I personally think that the 1x12 cab you have is hindering that Randall's overall performance. If you have a 2x12, or a 4x12, you'd hear a difference imo.

True but for right now, less to lug around. It's mainly for jamming, practices and recording. I plan on getting a 2X12 (rather another 1x12 and combine the two) when I start gigging again.4x12 is not worth it.