i listen everywhere about the 3 components of music and thats rhythm, melody and harmony.

Ok so my question is what is melody and harmony cause I cant explain it to myself.

Thanks in advance
Put very simply - harmony are the chords of a song and the melody is...well, the melody. The part the the vocals usually sing - in 90% of cases, the most memorable part of the song.

In more detail, the harmony could also be the notes that accompany the melody (not including the basic chord), for example:

If the melody notes were: C D C E C

An other vocal part might harmonise lower with: G A G B G
Last edited by Deathsdoor99 at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by hamle
i listen everywhere about the 3 components of music and thats rhythm, melody and harmony.

Ok so my question is what is melody and harmony cause I cant explain it to myself.

Thanks in advance

Melody is individual notes played sequentially, the study of melody is studying the intervals between notes and the sounds they give you. In guitar music the vocals and solo guitar are usually what carry the melody.

Harmony is multiple notes played simultaneously, effectively more than one melody running concurrently. In studying harmony you need to consider the intervals between the notes that are played together. The simplest form of harmony is a triad - a three note chord.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com