I use an Alesis io2 plugged into my laptop at uni. I haven't recorded for a couple of weeks, and I've come to use it, but I'm having problems. I normally use Cubase, but Cubase won't register any input from the device.

I have it set as the ASIO driver, etc. and the output still works, just no input on either channel. A level shows on the Alesis, so the signal is getting that far. I've downloaded the Reaper trial to check, and the same thing happens there. Anyone shed any light on this possibly~ ?
There is poetry in despair.
are your sample rate and bit depth settings correct? sometimes the drivers will let you set the sample rate too high for the interface and that will screw things up. Also you might want to try reinstalling the driver, sometimes there are screw ups and the driver will just stop working properly.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 11, 2009,
Yeah the sample rate and bit depth are the same settings as I always have. I could try reinstalling the driver, but surely if that wasn't working, the output wouldn't work either?
There is poetry in despair.
sometimes just the input screws up, also if your interface has a DX driver try using that and see if it works.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm