I've been playing for about a year now and I practice about a hour a night. Lately I've been focusing on barre chords a bit more. When I first started I noticed a pain running from my wrist up through my index finger. After this I really tried to manage how much pressure I was putting on the strings. That pain seems to have susided now but I'm noticing a light stiffness in the finger when I make a fist. It doesn't produce any sharp pains and I can play without any irritation. It just seems like in the morning it takes a bit of extra energy to close my hand. Any ideas?
The only thing that I could think of is that you have a problem with the positioning of your hand on the neck and its putting extra strain on that finger. I'm sure theres a good guide on basic positioning somewhere on this sight, but if thats not the case then it may be something other than guitar causing it.
Quote by toppsseller
It just seems like in the morning it takes a bit of extra energy to close my hand. Any ideas?

wow, you have to be pressing pretty hard. i'd lay off the chords for a but and practice something else until the pain fades a bit. you're using an acoustic aren't you?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
i think it is muscle fever, if that is the right word, like after you have been working out you know?
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!