I have been playing for 10 years but have never been able to get the B string to sound in my bar chords. Could it be related to the anatomy of my index finger?

Is there some percentage of guitarists who are physically unable to get the B string to sound? I have tried all sorts of techniques and pushing extra hard to no avail. Should I just give up?
Never give up. I don't think it's physically impossible to do so.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
I used to get that, I thought it was because my fingers are too bony (they look like the hands of a witch in an old Disney movie).

Turns out most guitarists kind of roll their finger to bar the chord, so try using the side of your finger, rather than just flat.
nooo never..it could be something simple. maybe ur fingers are short..baring with the side of your finger might do it. just keep brain storming
staying calm and relaxed and meditat on it awhile. (sorry for the spelling)
ya never know when u just might have a break thro and relax how simple it was and how dumb u was for not thinking of that LOL.

i think that usally the simplest way is the right way. good luck!!

maybe if u give more details on your technique it might help others when trying to help resolve your problem..or atleast find it
Where do you put your thumb? Is the guitar's action low enough?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Whenever im having trouble with a bar chord (and im assuming its a 6th string root), i just bar the two top strings with my index, fret the root note with my thumb, and keep the other fingers where theyre at, and it helps if u want to make all the strings ring clearly.
Epiphone SG - modded like crazy and sent through hell and back
Crate Flexwave 120 watt half stack -

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell
Quote by Lurcher
Where do you put your thumb? Is the guitar's action low enough?

I have thumb right behind the fretboard. The action on my acoustic is a little high and strings feel very tight ( haven't changed them in over a year ). I just ordered some new light strings, so hopefully that will help things !

I can get the bar chord on my electric, just the acoustic one I have problems with..